so i rooted the display phone at verizon..

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if approached by an employee you DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT with them, merely checking out the droid for possible purchase ;)

-=Jason=-

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP, that is an epic win.... :)

Ya,

I did the same thing and put live wallpapers on...lol the funny thing wqas as soon as I was done a guy started playing with the phone. Bhe was like this is awesome and I didn't know the phone could do this. The rep just played along like it was normal stuttering while trying to explain it...loland the guy ended up purchasing one....poor guy hope he's tech savvy.... after the managers were all around it trying to figure it out lol

But to Foolish, how did you accomplish the live wallpapers without flashing something like DroidMod or CyanogenMod roms via their corresponding apps? Because if you didn't flash one of those simple inconspicuous, easy-to-hide apps from the Market, the only way to get live wallpapers on 2.0.1 is to adb push the live wallpaper apk's from a computer to /system/app?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
But to Foolish, how did you accomplish the live wallpapers without flashing something like DroidMod or CyanogenMod roms via their corresponding apps? Because if you didn't flash one of those simple inconspicuous, easy-to-hide apps from the Market, the only way to get live wallpapers on 2.0.1 is to adb push the live wallpaper apk's from a computer to /system/app?

His first post he said he used DroidMod.

bd1212

Reaction score

Ya,

I did the same thing and put live wallpapers on...lol the funny thing wqas as soon as I was done a guy started playing with the phone. Bhe was like this is awesome and I didn't know the phone could do this. The rep just played along like it was normal stuttering while trying to explain it...loland the guy ended up purchasing one....poor guy hope he's tech savvy.... after the managers were all around it trying to figure it out lol

Couldn't he have just downloaded one of the live wallpapers from the market? For example, the starfield one.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

But that was his first and only post in this thread?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ya,

Couldn't he have just downloaded one of the live wallpapers from the market? For example, the starfield one.

He could have done that if he edited a line in build.prop, the line that refers to the SDK version of the firmware. 2.0.1's SDK version is 6. Which means you cannot see 2.1 apps in the Market, such as live wallpapers or Google Earth. If you change that to 7 you can see all 2.1 apps :)

lockman

Reaction score
Reminds me of formatting Amiga's and Tandy's at Rat Shack in the 80's. Good times.:icon_ devil:

OP
wctaylor79

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Oh def not my only post on this thread and yes I used droidmod. The guy that did lwp. Idk

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ahh, I see your confusion, I didnt read it that way. I read it as he did the flash, and then enabled live wallpapers, rather than how I think you read it, which was "putting live wallpapers on the phone".

mills

Reaction score
You guys know live wallpapers work and are interactive with helixlauncher too, right?