So I rooted.......... Now what?

BobC43

Reaction score
Boot into recovery with razr bootstrapper. Then go to backup restore and select back up. It will back up to your sdcard-ext under clockworkmod.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I loaded ROM Manager, but am also unable to backup. I cannot boot into recovery, just does a re-boot but not into recovery. I had never used ROM manager before but Nandroid back up so I probably have not set up the app correctly.
Could someone please list the steps in setting up the app so I can do back ups please. Also which model phone do I use when I setup ClockworkMod Recovery.

Thanks

Last edited:

jtsativa420

Reaction score
I loaded ROM Manager, but am also unable to backup. I cannot boot into recovery, just does a re-boot but not into recovery. I had never used ROM manager before but Nandroid back up so I probably have not set up the app correctly.
Could someone please list the steps in setting up the app so I can do back ups please. Also which model phone do I use when I setup ClockworkMod Recovery.

Thanks

Common mistake on the razr (rom manager), but you need razr bootsrapper (no model of phone needed). Check out this link to my post on page 11, post 105 of how to root your razr and go from there! :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/181762-how-root-your-motorola-droid-razr-windows-only-11.html

I find it best to clear cache and dalvik before making backup to reduce problems upon a restore. Let me know if you get your backup made.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
:eek: Destructions this scares me LOL but im thinking about rooting too but with the no o/c im kinda meeh about it

You will be fine rooting. Just don't get crazy with deleting apps or flashing much until the sbf is completed. I read it's being worked on now. I have rooted and frozen and wifi hacked and all is good, but waiting is understandable.

shizumie

Reaction score
Rooted, backed up stock, tb restored my apps, froze bloat, phone blazes n last all day easy. I say its worth it.. like others have said dont get crazy, and as soon as rooted and have CWM make backup! A many a phone been sved this way. :cool:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Ok so I've been holding out for the Nexus, but I am beginning to think Verizon will actually never sell it with all the GW BS going on.

So I like the RAZR, but I want a stock/vanilla android experience. Has this been achieved yet? I rooted my og Droid and flash a ton on roms, but I can do without all that so long as I can get wifi thether (my assumption is this has been achieved) and have a vanilla experience soon. What's the status of this?

Also, does anyone know if ICS for the RAZR will be stock or are they building it with Blur? I'd imagine once the ICS source is released we can get it on the phone without having to wait for moto to release the update. Does this sound correct?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

shizumie

Reaction score
While razr is not vanila, i kinda actually like this blur. I dont think you can de-blur yet but it will come. Ime sure ICS will be blur on razr, but again someone will make a stock de-blured rom.
I got the razr when i found out about vzw extended return policy (till jan 15) to hold me over till gnex. But after playing with phone a few weeks i walnt be letting it go. Its a solid device. I say go for it. If you dont like it take it back by jan 15.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
While razr is not vanila, i kinda actually like this blur. I dont think you can de-blur yet but it will come. Ime sure ICS will be blur on razr, but again someone will make a stock de-blured rom.
I got the razr when i found out about vzw extended return policy (till jan 15) to hold me over till gnex. But after playing with phone a few weeks i walnt be letting it go. Its a solid device. I say go for it. If you dont like it take it back by jan 15.

Thanks, my biggest concern with the RAZR hardware wise is the screen. Although I haven't seen the GNex in person, I feel like its screen will be much better than the RAZR. I think otherwise the phones are pretty equal with each having its pros and cons.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

shizumie

Reaction score
Agreed, the nex should have better screen, but ill tell ya the razr is best ive ever seen, used as of yet. And as good as it is, i dont think you would be able to tell a difference than nex except putting them side by side. Also that little bit of better screen on nex will come at a cost of battery, and the battery (from what ive read) is sub par, also the vzw battery will be slightly bigger than whats out now (nex ) we know that lte is a hog, so i dont see battery life being acceptable. My razr is awesome on battery.

satarecah

Reaction score
Agreed, the nex should have better screen, but ill tell ya the razr is best ive ever seen, used as of yet. And as good as it is, i dont think you would be able to tell a difference than nex except putting them side by side. Also that little bit of better screen on nex will come at a cost of battery, and the battery (from what ive read) is sub par, also the vzw battery will be slightly bigger than whats out now (nex ) we know that lte is a hog, so i dont see battery life being acceptable. My razr is awesome on battery.

yeah the razr is fine battery wise as long as you don't use it as a psp LoL

james1uiuc

Reaction score
Is there a thread with details of wifi tethering? I'm rooted, backed up and frozen but am nervous about wifi hack...

james1uiuc

Reaction score
Thank you! Works like a dream... but sucks battery like nobody's business. Still a great app and solution.