so i rooted my phone using the motofail one click. its done, now what?

wizim

Reaction score
i hear how great it is to have a rooted phone so i followed the motofail instructions and its rooted. what advantages do i have now? i know i can remove loads of bloatware but how/where do i do that? what can i safely remove?
what about custom roms? how do install a custom rom?
any other tips and tricks are appreciated.

thanks in advance!

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want to load roms, the very first thing I would do is dl safestrap OR bootstrap. One or the other but not both. To protect your os. Do not try anything until you fully understand how it works. Then go to the Bionic section on the site and read everything you can to decide where you want to go. Then read some more about that particular rom. Ask questions as needed then load at will!

OP
W

wizim

Reaction score
ok bootstrap is downloaded. im not sure what rom i want or how to go about downloading it. maybe im in over my head.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to "downgrade to 902 - no app or data loss" ALOT to read but you can learn a lot and upgrade to ICS. From there you can load roms as the process will be similar.

OP
W

wizim

Reaction score
anyone else have suggestions?

OP
W

wizim

Reaction score
heres my latest problem. im trying to download eclipse rom but it wont download to my phone. how do you get it on the phone?

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
When I was running roms a lot pre ICS I always DLed them to my PC (so they ended up in my ROM archive), then pushed them to my internal storage in USB mass storage mode, moved to sd-ext with root explorer, and then flashed with bootstrap, I always found safestrap cumbersome, but I'm no n00b, right mike? ;) so take that with a bucket of salt.

340DartMan

Reaction score
wizim said:
heres my latest problem. im trying to download eclipse rom but it wont download to my phone. how do you get it on the phone?

Just a thought, before you flash a ROM, you should to back up your current ROM to your SD card using CWM.

Also, download Titanium Backup (TB) to back up all of your data. I use TB to freeze rather than delete the bloatware. This way, you can thaw the programs later if you want to install an OTA update.
Just a noob's 2¢.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Just a thought, before you flash a ROM, you should to back up your current ROM to your SD card using CWM.

Also, download Titanium Backup (TB) to back up all of your data. I use TB to freeze rather than delete the bloatware. This way, you can thaw the programs later if you want to install an OTA update.
Just a noob's 2¢.

make a nandroid before you flash anything, sorry, I forget to actually mention incredibly basic stuff sometimes, personally I like rom toolbox pro better than titanium backup though