So i need to order an replacment

David522

Reaction score
Ok, all my hard buttons somehow got jammed in and none work, Im rooted, running 2.2 Overlclocked at 1.2 GHZ Buglessbeast 0.4
My question to you is, is their anyway i can copy everything and then when i get my new phone i can just restore it, even the root?
Thanks

montyboy

Reaction score
Uses adb, reboot recovery, nandroid backup, copy that backup off to your computer or even keep it on the SD card. Once you get your new phone just flash the firmware, root, and then restore the nandroid backup. It'll be like you never skipped a beat.

OP
D

David522

Reaction score
adb?
sorry im a noob when it comes to this
also should i wipe befor i sent it back

OP
D

David522

Reaction score
Noo, i rooted it myself, but i never used adb tools.
I figured there was an app that would save all my info

OP
D

David522

Reaction score
How do i take the nandroid backup?
Sd Card?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
You can probably keep your SD card, meaning you won't have to back anything up. But just incase, what you will want to keep is the nandroid backup(s). SPRecovery creates them in /sdcard/nandroid/ and Clockwork recovery creates them in /sdcard/clockworkmod/ These folders may be capitalized, my wife is addicted to FrozenBubble so I can't look at the exact names of the directories. hehe

You can just take those folders off of your SD card to your PC. Then when you get your replacement, place them back on the SD card > root the new phone > restore backup or something along those lines.

Personally I back up my nandroid backups on my PC anyhow, just in case something goes wrong with my phone, like say it goes swimming without a life jacket. The SD Card and phone may both be destroyed in that adventure, but if I get the replacement phone, I still have my backups.

Last edited:
OP
D

David522

Reaction score
Aright
So i rooted the new phone
Now im doing a nandroid backup from my old droid, basically open up nandroid on my new droid, restore, and ill be where i was?
THANKS!

How do i get nandroid on my new droid!

Last edited:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I assume your new droid has 2.1 installed, so you will need to get a custom recovery on it. How-To Root your stock 2.1 Droid <-- that will get SPRecovery on your phone. If you were using SPRecovery before, this is pretty much all you will need to do. Copy the Nandroid folder from your previous SD card, and restore your backup.

If you wanted to get clockwork on there, you will then have to root the phone. You can do this by installing a ROM, then putting ROM manager on the phone once rooted. Then using ROM Manager to install Clockwork recovery. You then can revert to a backup, or just install the data portion of the backup using clockwork.