So, I lost sprecovery and root

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Acid7711, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Acid7711

Acid7711 New Member

Like an idiot, I installed the "update.zip" that was put out earlier. I've now lost root, am running a stock basic 2.0.1, with all my apps installed.

Sprecovery won't run, root is gone. How do I go about getting this back or should I just wait for the official 2.1 now?

Am I screwed? Did I screw myself? Evidently this 'update' as they call it is nothing more than an un-rooter/stock setter.... I knew I shouldn't have installed it, but I have this problem where I can't leave things alone :(

**Every time I try to re-root, or factory wipe/etc, the phone goes black, and reboots immediately.

:mad:
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  2. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

rerun the root update.zip place it on sdcard...boot from factory recovery....now youll have root, add your sprecovery and biusybox
  3. Acid7711

Acid7711 New Member

I've tried that, I've tried the original upate, as well as the one with the superuser added in.

The phone just reboots instead of flashing anything and then it goes back to a stock 2.0.1.

Flash_image and busybox are still installed is seems, I just can't get to them/run them because I don't have root.
  4. jinx10000

jinx10000 New Member

I have read that people have been able to reroot with this update. Don't know if it is true.

If you do get this fixed you should take a lot of time read, read, and read some more before you jump into things. There have been tons of threads and talk that the next update would kill root.
  5. Acid7711

Acid7711 New Member

I'm slowly making progress.. Whatever happened screwed the volume up/down, camera/ and power buttons up to always reset the phone. When I used the DPAD on just a chance, BOOM it factory resetted and cleared the cache!

I reactivated the phone and now it's back off to try to root! I'll keep everyone informed in case anyone was stupid enough to do what I did lol.
  6. Acid7711

Acid7711 New Member

I found out that with the stock recovery menu, you HAVE to use the DPAD so that was my problem all along! :)

Anyways, I got root back with the new, updated root that included the superuser app, then worked my way to getting sprecovery back, ad from there I was able to get my latest recovery back!

All is good and perfect once again! :) Thanks for the help guys!
  7. Acid7711

Acid7711 New Member

And I do read, read, and read more and more. I live on these and other forums. I figured it was going to 'un-root' I didn't think it was going to default everything back out.....

Sometimes with 40+ pages in threads, you tend to miss a sentence or two.