So I just got the D4. Starting Advice?

r314bd

Reaction score
Kickback, Soundback and Talkback are all Accessibility features and I'm not sure if they can be uninstalled, but you can try.

The favorite contacts widget can be removed if you long press it and drag it to the trash can

OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
Great. Anyway to reformat the texting so it isnt so spaced out with text messaging? Also, keep getting a message about Motocast? Whatever that is, seems a lot more pop-ups with this phone.

I also keep getting a wi-fi is available message, thought I had turned off my wi-fi.

mattjenn

Reaction score
I had same problems with wifi turning on by itself when i got mine there is a setting in wireless network settings to turn off notifications of networks

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
Think I figured that out. They put a clear screen protector on but it already got some dirt/dust underneath. Do you need screen protectors nowadays? I was told they are scratch resistant and never really had an issue before.

ultra09hd

Reaction score
Think I figured that out. They put a clear screen protector on but it already got some dirt/dust underneath. Do you need screen protectors nowadays? I was told they are scratch resistant and never really had an issue before.

If its got crud under the screen protector ...they didn't clean it before putting it on.

OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
If its got crud under the screen protector ...they didn't clean it before putting it on.

No, actually its just from keeping it in my pocket. Or protector wasnt on properly.