So I just got my pro today..

RevivaL

Reaction score
And I'm psyched! love it so far. just rooted it with z4root, and now I was wondering what the app names are that I should do away with. When I look through the system apps with root explorer, half the names don't correspond with the apps.

Does anyone have a list or something that can tell me what's legit to remove and what isn't?

bwhite757

Reaction score
Apps safe to remove - xda-developers

There's a post of safe apps to remove, however I wouldn't remove with root explorer.

Download Titanium Backup from the Market, and use it to backup all the apps before you remove them, just in case. That way you can always just restore them if your phone starts acting funny.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

There's a post of safe apps to remove, however I wouldn't remove with root explorer.

Download Titanium Backup from the Market, and use it to backup all the apps before you remove them, just in case. That way you can always just restore them if your phone starts acting funny.

I agree with you about Titanium Backup, paid version, however I don't understand why you say don't remove them with root explorer?

OP, you probably aren't following the correct path to access the apps. You want to go to System and then apps. All your .apk files will be listed there.

bwhite757

Reaction score
Personally I don't have a problem with removing apps with root explorer, but if you're a little newbish when it comes to things like that, a simple rename of the wrong .apk can really fubar your phone up.

OP
R

RevivaL

Reaction score

I agree with you about Titanium Backup, paid version, however I don't understand why you say don't remove them with root explorer?

OP, you probably aren't following the correct path to access the apps. You want to go to System and then apps. All your .apk files will be listed there.
This isn't my first rodeo! I know what I'm doing, system apps. Like I said, I've removed a few, but there are all different titles. When I get home from my girlfriends house, I'll screenshot what I see. With my OG, everything was labled with titles that matched up. These don't match up, only a couple. It's not a big deal, was just wondering

Anyone know about any kernels yet? I feel like 1000/300 is doing nothing for my battery. 1000/150 on the other hand..