So I have another bug regarding 5.2... Touchdown for Exchange...

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by randallman, Apr 6, 2011.

1. randallman

randallman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I have another bug regarding 5.2... Touchdown for Exchange...

Unfortunately, they wont support me since I'm running a custom rom, but something changed with SS5.2 as compared to GPA14 (peter alfonso's release) and now sometimes when I press send in touchdown, nothing happens - and if I save the message as a draft and reboot and then try to send it from drafts, I get 'Send Failed'... But I can send a new message (usually) after a reboot.

This may be related to connectivity status, but enabling logging in the Touchdown client was not useful at all. If I get a chance, I'll enable the logging in #1 Tools and grab that.

Beyond that, I suppose this bug report is mostly useless since it doesnt provide any REAL information :)

--Randall

2. PhilW1956

PhilW1956 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try refreshing the active sync settings: Go to settings, connection, refresh active sync. I have to do this when ever I switch roms.

3. randallman

randallman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, been through that song and dance... :) It doesnt seem to help.

You're saying that Touchdown is working flawlessly for you in 5.2? Does your organization require a PIN? That was the other thing that changed right about the same time... Perhaps the PIN thing is causing the issue rather than SS5.2 :)

4. UberDroid

UberDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately I had to stop using 5.2 for this exact same reason. The send button would depress but nothing happened. I also require a Pin to access my email, but can't imagine that would effect being able to send or not. I also wasn't able save a draft, button didn't do anything either.

5. randallman

randallman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yah...

Yup, I reinstalled gpa14 and touchdown works correctly again... it's sad because ss5.2 was faster. Unfortunately because I need my phone for work, I was unable to log the problem for chevy to fix ;(

6. randallman

randallman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, and it saves a draft automatically... fwiw... and then after a reboot you can pick that draft back up and try to send it, but you get the "send failed" error even though you can send other messages and the send button is working.

7. dboss007

dboss007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this same issue several times, but I've been able to resolve it by going into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All (could be under Downloaded as well)>Touchdown>Force Stop.

Touchdown works for me without issues after doing this, however I've definitely had to do it a few times over a week or so. Kind of annoying, but for the speed gained in 5.2 its worth the hassle.

8. Uglymouse

Uglymouse Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I get around it by going to the menu and selecting send. It is only one button more.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

9. mordred754

mordred754 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using Touchdown for going on a year on an OG Droid and SS 5.2 has been the most stable custom ROM with Touchdown that I've found so far. Others I would constantly have to reinstall the pro key but this has never been an issue with SS. Works flawlessly for me.

Search tags for this page
android touchdown failed send offline
attachments on phone not coming through touchdown exchange 2
forward message in touchdown samsung galaxy
so i have another five

touchdown andoid messages failing

touchdown drafts attatchments
touchdown send failing offline