So I have a X2 coming Monday (more of a big story how I got to this point)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by Syraz, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Syraz

Syraz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Must say, little excited.
    Yes I have read everything little thing about it, but its free, will get into that shortly. Went and played with it in the store. I like it
    Little story
    But what a journey to this point.
    Back in April of '10 I was deciding between the Original Droid and the Incredible.
    but came down to, I like the physical keyboard. so got the original droid.
    being a computer geek that I am, did reading and learned about rooting and the joys of that
    within weeks I was rooted and learning more then ever thought I would.
    Took up theming just for personal use never released anything.
    but alas come end of summer the screen was acting up, extremely loose so sent it back and got a refurbished with same issue but worse. so sent it back
    but this time in box was a brand new droid 2. Had mix feelings about this. I liked the original droid more but that is what they sent so made best of it.
    Did the whole rooting thing ran squidlymandingo til cm7 was released, then miui.
    and begining of this year when I got a nook color, turn that into a cm7 running awesome fantastic tablet which i love more then anything an ipad2 can do.. :)
    but went stock on my droid 2 when the gingerbread update happened, BIG mistake...
    problem after problem, constant lock ups forcing me to restart, keyboard would open apps instead of letting me type..so sent it in, they send me a different one, which didnt have that issue but the power button stopped working after 2 weeks, call them up and they send a refurbished incredible (ie no battery or battery door) so couldnt use that, took it to the verizon store to show them and got "why in the hell they send you that" so they send me another refurbished droid 2, and 5 lock ups within first few hours, so was at the store the next day putting phone in my name and it locked up in front of them, lady told me to "call customer service they can help get you a different device"
    being really busy I made comment via twitter to verizon support, and a direct message i told them the story....and they said they send me a x2, sweet. I been using keyboard less due to swype so wont be missing that..wishing I paid the 20$ for saturday shipping but monday will be okay.
    the twitter support team is just awesome...
    once I get this bad boy, root it..going to be a happy person..
    that is my story..
    maybe be more active like I was last year...if anyone remembers me from the original droid forums
    cheers

2. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You'll love the 4.3 inches of a screen. Saddly it's very pentile (pixelated) looking. For 3G phones though, this is top runner next to the Incredible 2. My girls got one and she loves it. Love my X2 and I will stick with it till I get a great upgrade deal. Hope you like the new toy when ya get it lol.

Sent from my DROID X2

3. Syraz

Syraz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh I seen the screen in store, and like it...even the pentile :)
    1/4 is my upgrade, but still debating on getting upgrade *aka the nexus*
    but if it works fine not going to rush to get an upgrade..

I just know, this will be a beast in size compared to my D2...

and should have paid for saturday delivery....

4. player52

player52 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    good luck rooting it i got mine a week ago and still cant root since the new OTA update fixed all the unlockerglitches. i love my DX2 but wish there were more ROMs and support for it.

5. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    I killed my X2 a while ago and was living with my OG Droid. It was so laggy I couldn't wait until my update, so I bought a new in box X2.
    Activated it and found I still love it.

Great battery life 24hr +, fast enough, and never drops data. I'm happy with 3G although I do jones for a fast 4G connection.

The only problem that's kinda irritating, is when I have a lot of apps running and my RAM is low it will get a bit laggy.
    The fix for me is to shut down memory hungry apps when I'm though with them.

6. juhde

juhde Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3
    There are at least 2 ways to root 2.3.4 and both are fast and easy.

zergRUSH or Petes Motorola root tools.

Sent from my Android device.

7. Syraz

Syraz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So far enjoying the hell out of this phone...non stop playing it since I got up at 2pm *graveyard worker*

can't wait to take it to next level :)

8. Syraz

Syraz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Rooted real easy..running Molten at the moment. so far quick and smooth...need to do the flippity floppity sd card now

9. motcher41

motcher41 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is work being done on it. A matter of fact the first cm7 and full asop roms should be rolling out in the next 30 days approx. 2nd init is fully functional and they are working on the roms. MIUI is coming soon as well. So be patient. Now that 2nd init is working the phone will get some dev love with blurless roms

10. 03civicdx

03civicdx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's weird, where did you come up with 30 days? None of the dev. Will even discuss a time line...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

11. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Me too, graveyard that is. I think the my phone is the only thing that keeps me sane!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

12. Syraz

Syraz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    During 4-5 hours of dead time, I got laptop out and playing on phone..Love the battery on this compaired to my D2 I had