So I got rid my Moto Droid...

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I got it a week before Christmas as I thought it was the best phone at Verizon at the time, and it was. I really did appreciate the phone but the fact that it had a keyboard irked me because I never used it, especially since I could type faster on swype. The weight was something I got used to so I won't complain too much about it. From say day 1 notice the lag when switching screens and still noticed it after the 2.01 and 2.1 updates. Also getting a gimped 2.1 sucked, yes I know you can DL helix launcher for more screens but it sure as hell wasn't smooth and it did force close on me a lot.

Overall I think it's a good phone, but after picking up the Incredible and I can't even look at the thing anymore.

Last edited:

vatothe0

Reaction score
cool_story_bro.jpg

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got to love that picture!

And I bet the OP never attempted to OC, which makes it better than the Incredible in speed test at 1Ghz. But I can understand those who take the risk. Hope you like your new Android!

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score

And I bet the OP never attempted to OC, which makes it better than the Incredible in speed test at 1Ghz. But I can understand those who take the risk. Hope you like your new Android!

not into that and having to monitor temp readings

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I've gave up on monitoring temps when on any given day it wouldn't get above 50 degrees celcius, even while playing games/browsing the web.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score

I've gave up on monitoring temps when on any given day it wouldn't get above 50 degrees celcius, even while playing games/browsing the web.

another thing, I think the root community is cool, but it's not for me, I really don't want to have to root my phone

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
another thing, I think the root community is cool, but it's not for me, I really don't want to have to root my phone

That makes two of us. My experience with the Droid is not the same as yours.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Like I said, I understand fully. It took a lot to get me to root at first. I saw how great this community was, how much I could change on my Droid once I rooted (Heck, I got sense UI now because of rooting), and how easy it was to return to stock come the day I ever needed too. This sealed the deal, and it is one of the those things that you got to take a risk to get the reward, but the reward you get in the phone itself is sometimes great enough.

TekHawk

Reaction score
After spending sometime with the Inc in store I could not get over the poor in light proformance of the screen the warmer run time and the blueness of the screen :/ really picked the moto droid for the physical keyboard but now i think i can live with out that but the screen on the Inc totally killed that idea for me :(

simshaun

Reaction score
Did you try adjusting the brightness? I've been playing around with my DI for the past 12 hours (in and out of sunlight & differently-lit rooms) and have had no problem seeing screen.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
And thats funny cuz normally stores setup the screens on smartphones and TV's to attract customers. I know that has to be a part of their Sales plan.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Did you try adjusting the brightness? I've been playing around with my DI for the past 12 hours (in and out of sunlight & differently-lit rooms) and have had no problem seeing screen.

I second that! My HI looks better outside then my Droid did!!