So I got a VM from a Verizon account manager...

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
I started a new account with Verizon to get the DROID and I was called and asked to do a quick survey. At the end I was given the opportunity to comment on why I rated my answers the way I did.

I had heard speculation that the unlimited plan may be changed to a limited plan at some future date so I took the opportunity to voice my concerns on that. I told them that when I signed up for a two year contract it was with the understanding that my bill and the services I receive when signing up would not change. I invited them to call me if they wanted to comment.

I did not expect a call but earlier today I discovered I had a new VM. Listened to it and it was from a Verizon account manager saying that he did not think the service would change and was not aware of any discussions to change the service plan. Went on to say that even if it did get changed existing users would most likely be grandfathered in while still under their current contract.

Nice little piece of mind that.

Thought you all would be interested in hearing what I found out. I forwarded the VM to my email just in case I ever need it later.

droid d'oh

Reaction score
Good to know! I love my unlimited data, especially listening to pandora on high quality on a 5 hour car ride. Hooray Verizon! :icon_ banana: