So I got a replacement Droid !

713King

Reaction score
I recently went to verizon because of my phones camera was defective, well they told me they were going to send me a certified like new Droid, I was like, are you sure? Its going to be like new and no defects? They were like Yes, certified like new. Well I got the phone yesterday afternoon and come to find out it was a horrible replacement, the screen is loose and the keyboard is flat. The phone that I currently have has a firm screen and not loose and does not do the clicking sound when pressing the bottom left corner of the screen also the keyboard isn't flat like the one they sent me. Can I go to Verizon and tell them to just get me a phone out of the box? or ask them to send it in for me?

jbdavies

Reaction score
Of course you can. :) You can do whatever the hell you like. Will you get the result you'd like? I dunno. I'd think they'd at least get you another replacement. Just depends on how nice the person is feeling that day. Good luck!

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol, wow. My suggestion is to take your phone to verizon and show them the problems with it (if it is really bad) Or *HUGE MAYBE* This is just me, maybe you could wait a couple days and see if they start replacing D1 with D2... This is just my suspision becuase they stopped making D1. To me at least, id think they would just throw you a bone and upgrade to D2....(i could be completly dreaming here though)

OP

713King

Reaction score
Lol, that would be awesome if they would give me the D2 as a replacement. Yeah the new replacement is just horrible, it's like the first batch of Droids that were made in November.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol, that would be awesome if they would give me the D2 as a replacement. Yeah the new replacement is just horrible, it's like the first batch of Droids that were made in November.
I have one of those.... lol. (I got it in late october but i guess novemeber is close enough...) Whats wrong with the first batch?

OP

713King

Reaction score
They have the loose screen and flat keyboard, the later batches the keyboard wasn't flat and the screen isn't loose even after taking off the backing from the back of the screen, like the one I currently have.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
They have the loose screen and flat keyboard, the later batches the keyboard wasn't flat and the screen isn't loose even after taking off the backing from the back of the screen, like the one I currently have.

HAHA thats untrue. My keyboard is bubbly and has always been. My screens not loose either. I have 4 other droids to compare to (MOM, DAD, 2 sisters) and all of them have flat keyboards. (i do confess the keys do press easier though) The screens arent loose on any of our phones.... I got my droid first the day it came out, Then My mom a month and half later. Then my dad and sis in may, now my other sister in july. All 4 of their phones have no difference...(all flat)

OP

713King

Reaction score
Lol, well i hope tomorrow morning they have taken their coffee and eaten right so they can be in a good mood and give me a D2 as replacement xD

iPirate

Reaction score
No way they will replace D1 with D2. Most people haven't had them for even one year so they could say almost anything is broken and get a replacement based on manufacturer warranty.

Bestbuy might do this but I don't see Verizon doing it

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Lol, well i hope tomorrow morning they have taken their coffee and eaten right so they can be in a good mood and give me a D2 as replacement xD

Highly unlikely....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way They will replace D1 with D2. Most people haven't had them for even one year so they could say almost anything is broken and get a replacement based on manufacturer warranty

Yes, you get another replacement and it will be a refurb.

justreboot

Reaction score
Yeah went into the vz store yesterday for my sons Droid, Battery life has been terrible maybe getting 4 -6 hrs max... Went In explained that he swapped batteries with a Droid that was getting 12-18 hours / reverted to stock etc. Didn't have ins on this phone as I got it from a co-worker that upped his Droid to an X (like me) <my old Droid went to my younger son> / However, since the phone is still under mfg warranty they were replacing the phone for me (at no cost) / should get it today/ By the way, both my sons and my wife have the flat keyboards. Out of the 20 or so people at work that I know who had the original Droid only 2 had the raised keyboard that was described here. Personally, I never used the hard keyboard (except when using terminal). That was one of the reasons the X appealed to me - I mean if HTC hadn't stopped mfg AMOLED screens I would have most likely gone with that.

But I digress. Most likely you will get another replacement, By the way, I did get a replacement way back for my Droid (now my son's). It wasn't a refurb. Then again, it was too early (November) to have any refurbs in stock...

Good luck... By the way if you get a 2nd refurb and it still is unsatisafctory condition, you have a right to ask for a differnt phone of 'equal value.' That is how I went from a Treo 700p to a Blackberry 8830...
Peace...

OP

713King

Reaction score
So i went to Verizon Store and returned the phone they sent me, they are ordering me a new one and it should come in by Friday, also how does best buys insurance work? Do you have to take your phone to them really messed up so that they can give you a brand new one out the box or what?

madroid1

Reaction score
I have had the same issue(broken hinges), I am on my 3 replacement phone. i just got back from Verizon and wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue. My wifes proximity sensor went out 2 months ago and the keep sending me certified pieces of ****..LOL. hope yours fight goes better than mine.

word of advise, when they tell you to not activate the new phone, do it anyway and then reactivate your original before you sent the replacement back. Reason being they are not telling me since I didn't active the POS they sent me they do not have record of me having them.

to top it all off today as i was leaving verizon the saleman that was helping me backed into my car with his truck as he was leaving for lunch...too funny!

if you want to know more of my experince hit me up on messenger madroid1@gmail.

Attachments

• IMG_20100814_125557.jpg
    IMG_20100814_125557.jpg
    614.7 KB · Views: 202