So I Bought These Cables.........

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by camaroluvr447, Jul 20, 2011.

1. camaroluvr447

camaroluvr447 New Member

They are hdmi to rca cables for my droid so i can output it to my old fashion tv. My question is will this work? Someone told me that this will not work at all. Anyone have any experience with this?? Thanks!!
  2. Snow02

Snow02 New Member

If it's just cables, it won't work. Digital to analog conversion requires a powered converter.
  3. expidia

expidia New Member

I too needed to output to RCA type connectors for the times when I travel and the motel TV only has RCA input. Also, comes in handy when you are staying over at a friend or relatives house. Ever notice how old their TV's are in their guest bedrooms :blink:

My Brother picked up this "powered" device off Amazon because he too travels and he uses his laptop using Sling player to stream his home's DVR to a motel TV.

I too own a Sling Box Classic and have used it for years in motels. But now they are trying to force me to upgrade to the Sling Box Solo for $159 and shell out yet another $30 for the Sling Mobile Player for Android (I already paid them $30 to get it on my former BB, you would think they would offer you a discount for the Android download).

So I also ordered this converter last week to use with a Micro HDMI cable out from Charge into the converter and then out to any TV's RCA's or S-video.

I figure for the one-time outlay of $48 for this converter (better than spending $200 for another Sling setup) and I won't have to tote around a laptop anymore when traveling and can stream Netflix from the Charge.

Check out the Amazon user reviews on this device. Hopefully it will also work with the Charge. I can report back (if anyone is interested) after the device is delivered next week.
    Amazon.com: HDMI to Composite /S-Video Converter 3RCA CRT TV CVBS: Electronics

* I have no connection with this device or company, don't know if it will even work with the Charge yet!
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  4. EmanP223

EmanP223 New Member

I am interested to hear if it works.
  5. billsblots

billsblots New Member

Does Charge conversion to RCA video word?

Search tags for this page

android to rca output

droid bionic to rca

droid charge to older tv

droid rca cable

mobile out tv via micro hdmi rca cable

samsung droid charge rca cable