So I bought an iPhone 4 and...

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by MO3iusONE, Dec 22, 2010.

1. MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ..what the hell was I thinking? I had returned my Droid Pro pro almost a week ago and exchanged it for the iPhone 4. Good looking phone, 30 gigs of space which is great. The apps are incredible on this thing, whether its games, health or productivity related, the iPhone has it all when it comes to Apps. Screen is beautiful and battery life ain't too bad..

..and thats pretty much it lol. I was blown away at how weak this OS is compared to Android. The iPhone seems more to stable and battery life isn't too bad but notifications is such a joke, I'm use to replying to a text and as I'm replying to a text I'll actually be reading another text which would show up on the top of the screen on the notification bar.

I miss my widgets, I'd have my Pandora, Word of the day from Dictionary.com, etc. etc.

Google got it right with their 4 buttons (Home, Menu, Back, and Search) you'd be surprised how much of a pain it is to have to click the top left corner to go back page after page on the iPhone.

Google Voice...this is a big one..and I mean big... Google voice is straight garbage on the iPhone, it works so much better on Android.

and theres plenty of more lol..

I dont know what I was thinking returning the Droid Pro, I guess I was itching to actually try the iPhone and see what it was like. I wish I could just as easily return it and pick up the Droid Pro again but nope, since Best Buy doesn't carry it anymore I'd have to order it on Amazon.com in order to get it for as cheap as I did..

Will I keep the iPhone? honestly, I dont know, I mean, its not bad but I really feel like I have downgraded by buying this phone, again biggest thing for me is the lack of keyboard and Google voice isn't as great..

Who knows, maybe I'll look at the Nexus S or maybe just buy the Droid Pro again through Amazon lol.. I should of just stuck with the Droid Pro and bought an ipod touch for the apps lol.

2. MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I just placed the Droid Pro on order through Amazon.. I'll be returning the iPhone 4 and exchanging it for an ipod touch the minute I get my Pro lol.

3. brochaos

brochaos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    good take, thanks for sharing. at least you can say you've tried both.

4. brian1972ca

brian1972ca New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I came to a Pro from an iPhone4 myself and couldn't be happier that I made the switch.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App