So how's everyone liking the RAZR?

Reaction score
Own a Bionic but watching this forum cuz son is lobbying for a RAZR... Curious, when you get a freeze... does the screen stay on and phone don't respond, or, does screen go black?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
I just want to say I bought the phone so apparently I like it and kept it to give it a fighting chance so, I don't anybody thinking I'm just bashing the Razr...

When the screen freezes it doesn't go black at all, it just becomes completely unresponsive... However the screen time out while texting is REALLY annoying... This is the first day any of these symptoms have popped up btw...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

vonfink13

Reaction score
by any chance did you just download a new app...i have not had any freezes or troubles with mine at all...i am running pretty much bone stock tho.......

Reaction score
by any chance did you just download a new app...i have not had any freezes or troubles with mine at all...i am running pretty much bone stock tho.......

Nothing I didn't have on my phone from day one...

A few premium games, Facebook, Tweetcaster, benchmark software, Skype and forum applications... That's it at the moment

Gleason81

Reaction score
The rzr's screen is crap, utter pixelated crap. I was playing with a demo unit yesterday and I agree with everyone who says so.

Likewise, yes it is fast and snappy. Heck I was playing flash games on kongregate and the phone could keep up with most of them (Jobs, R.I.P but eat your heart out). Couldn't tell you much about the user experience, honestly it seems the same as any other blurred out Moto unit. It certainly feels solidly built, but I want to refer you to the user who had a very hot unit which was MELTING THE ADHESIVES OUT OF THE PHONE. I, being a poweruser, will stay away from this one.

Utter pixelated crap? Maybe stop holding your phone 4 inches from your face? Have you uploaded any HD movies on the RAZR? The quality is utterly amazing and better than most televisions.

jakethesnake77

Reaction score
The unremovable battery is a deal breaker. No extended batteries and no hard resets.

HTC Thunderbolt Tiamat Liquid

Gleason81

Reaction score
The unremovable battery is a deal breaker. No extended batteries and no hard resets.

HTC Thunderbolt Tiamat Liquid

The iPhone doesn't have a removable battery. Hard reset? Hold power and volume down button...same thing as hard reset. I had a Thunderbolt....terrible battery life...unless I got an extended battery or really extended extension cord to follow me around. Extended battery that made the phone look like a brick.

jakethesnake77

Reaction score
From a root and development point of view those are a huge hinderance. Its almost like trying to stunt drive a car w/ no emergency brake.

HTC Thunderbolt Tiamat Liquid 3.0

breedingh8

Reaction score
The iPhone doesn't have a removable battery. Hard reset? Hold power and volume down button...same thing as hard reset. I had a Thunderbolt....terrible battery life...unless I got an extended battery or really extended extension cord to follow me around. Extended battery that made the phone look like a brick.

If your on G+ my friends posted his Thunderbolt battery stats over 1d off charger... He's romd and running some mods tho.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
From a root and development point of view those are a huge hinderance. Its almost like trying to stunt drive a car w/ no emergency brake.

HTC Thunderbolt Tiamat Liquid 3.0

Someone made a great point about that not hindering development on Tablets...It also didnt hurt the iPhone and Jailbreakers.

Dunc

Reaction score
Love the phone, but I really don't like having to use my og droid as my alarm clock. Have owned the razr for 2 days now and both of those mornings I've woken up (thanks to the trustworthy og droid) to see that the razr has powered itself down during the night....and it's plugged in. All in all I like it compared to the D1, but there is zero trust that this phone will operate as it should be expected to operate.

Oaklands

Reaction score
Love the phone, but I really don't like having to use my og droid as my alarm clock. Have owned the razr for 2 days now and both of those mornings I've woken up (thanks to the trustworthy og droid) to see that the razr has powered itself down during the night....and it's plugged in. All in all I like it compared to the D1, but there is zero trust that this phone will operate as it should be expected to operate.

Unless you have some type of smart action set then something is wrong with the phone. I have used mine as an alarm clock every night since I bough it and it has not failed me. It has never shutoff during the night. Get you a replacement and see what happens.

todroid

Reaction score

Are you using a stock charger? Maybe it's not getting enough charge and running out out of juice at night?

chaz2400

Reaction score

No issues with that here... have the cheaper HD dock and it wakes me up every AM without fail. Also, the clock screen gets MUCH dimmer than the OG use to so I dont have to use an aftermarket app like I use to.

All in all, loving the Razr.

Reaction score
OK, the random screen time out is really f****** annoying now... Actually getting worse! Even after a factory reset! If I trade this thing out, this will make number 3! Feel a bit frustrated... Starting to lean towards a Rezound more n more... Costco just needs to hurry up n stock it already!

Dunc

Reaction score
Are you using a stock charger? Maybe it's not getting enough charge and running out out of juice at night?
Yes I am using the stock charger. When I turn it back on in the mornings it has a full battery. I'm assuming at some point it gets tired of rebooting and just says "screw it I'm staying off this time."

I did a factory reset last night and didn't import anything. I didn't link my gmail account or bring in a single contact. I didn't even change any ringtones so it couldn't have been anymore "factory stock." I wanted to see what happened and rule out any possibility that it was my fault. Within 1 hour from the reset the phone froze. It has frozen about 4 times since yesterday at 5:30pm when I reset it. It also did the auto-rebooting thing. I was in the middle of a phone call last night when the screen froze, but I could still talk. A few seconds later it rebooted while I was still on the phone talking. Couldn't call him back either since I did have contacts loaded lol. At least it was just a friend and not something super important.

So now I know for 100% fact that it wasn't anything I loaded and this phone either has defective hardware or software...

Unless you have some type of smart action set then something is wrong with the phone. I have used mine as an alarm clock every night since I bough it and it has not failed me. It has never shutoff during the night. Get you a replacement and see what happens.
...as such I'm going to Verizon after work today and getting a replacement. It will be hard for them to argue with me when there isn't a single thing on the phone that's adjusted and I can just plug it in to their charger and probably within 5 minutes it'll reboot.

Last edited: