So how's everyone liking the RAZR?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
...Plus the tbolt had 3G web surf and talk. The newer 4g phones will only support 4g surf and talk...

FWIW, the Rezound is like the Bolt with the SVDO chip and can do talk/surf simultaneously over 3G.

Reaction score
Sites aren't going to drop Flash overnight and Adobe isn't really abandoning Flash. They're passing the cost of porting the Flash player to phone manufacturers. It remains to be seen which Androids support Flash in the future. I don't believe that support will vanish entirely any time soon simply because it is a selling point for Android and customers often want the capability.

Besides, if Adobe is dropping flash in favor of HTML5 then it most likely means Flash will slowly become obsolete. HTML5 will most likely be able to read and utilize all that Flash was while providing a bit of tunneling to the future if Adobe is in favor of is my guess...

Just wanted to shoot an update out in regards to my Razr:

Today, with moderate use (heavy texting, some Facebook, YouTube, HD playback), wifi on, screen on auto, no Motorola smart help I'm looking at 16+ hours of use... From what a friend told me about his Rezound, he's looking at roughly the same numbers...

Not bad at all

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

mikeawhitehead

Reaction score
Can i ask why you switched from the Iphone 4s to the Razr? Did you not like the Iphone? I know i'm going to get blasted for saying this here but my bionic is driving me nuts with all the issues, so I'm either getting a Razr, Iphone 4s, or the Nexus (as long as it comes out in a week or two)

Any opinions?

I guess I expected more from the 4s. I don't root or otherwise tinker with my phones, so I'm talking about a 'stock' unit. I've had every iPhone model since they came out, so I truly do appreciate the technology, the UI, and the things that others like about the iPhone. With the 4s, I had issues with the battery life that weren't helped at all with the update, the Bluetooth was sketchy when connected to the stereo in my vehicle (for phone calls - streaming music worked great), for having a dual core processor, I was surprised how slowly applications launched. Siri didn't work 'properly' half the time (and I know 'she's' in beta, but...), just little nit-picky stuff that other people could probably care less about. It's all personal preference. My wife kept her iPhone 4, and she's completely happy with it (which is ALL that matters!). I moved over to a Razr, and while there are a couple of issues like data connection - which has actually been completely resolved since they fired up the 4G towers last week - I don't think I've ever been happier with a phone. Speaker on this phone is amazing! Reception indoors is great with 4G - even in stairwells deep inside my 30 story building downtown. The camera could stand some improvement with shutter lag, sharpness, but I didn't buy this to be my primary camera...

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Loving mine. Granted I am coming from a 2 year old Eris. The speed is astounding.

I installed launcher pro which I had purchased footer use on my rooted Eris. So I have 7 screens plus the scrolling home buttons or whatever they are called.

So far its been a great device, a week a and 2 days in.

lanza_david

Reaction score
Going to be returning this phone. The fact that I can't use the front facing Camera with Skype is a deal breaker. Why even have a front facing camera if you can't use it.

It was like that for the Bionic. Skype updated the app after a few weeks to support the ff camera. I would not worry about that if you can wait.

Also, you can try google talk. Video calling is great and it worked from day one on the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lanza_david

Reaction score
How is the Razr screen in sunlight compared to the Bionic?

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Although it's a topic for a whole other thread, Jobs is getting the last laugh out of this one. He passes away, and a couple of weeks later Adobe announces they are abandoning Flash for mobile devices in favor of HTML 5. In a way, he got his way.

Suspect they will support both as the industry transitions. There is a lot of Flash content out there, should be fun to watch as it rolls out!

bluezdawg

Reaction score
How is the Razr screen in sunlight compared to the Bionic?

Was just standing outside a coffee shop with a lady friend who has a RAZR, looked pretty good to me. Oh yea, the screen looks good in the sun light too.

lanza_david

Reaction score
Was just standing outside a coffee shop with a lady friend who has a RAZR, looked pretty good to me. Oh yea, the screen looks good in the sun light too.

LOL, both look good huh? Good to know. Anyone else who owned the Bionic and now owns the Razr? The Bionic is SO good in direct sunlight. I love that.

Also, how will this screen affect Battery life?

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Impulse tells me RAZR but I'm going to force myself to wait for the GNEX :b

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
Anybody having random freezes requiring a hard reset or the screen timing out in the middle texting/typing messages in these forums?

Kimo91

Reaction score
After 2 months of waiting to upgrade, this Wednesday I'm finally going to upgrade to the Droid Razr. I was hoping for the new Nexus but after playing with the Razr the last few days at both the Verizon store and Best Buy, I decided on this. Can't wait and I love my D2G but I know my daughter will love it just like I did when i hand that torch over to her.

Sent from my Boeing approved rooted and Apex'd Gingerbread D2G

vonfink13

Reaction score
i am in 9 days with the razr...i am still loving it..the batery life has improved dramatically..one battery conditioning cycle, some smart actions set and a few other tweaks and it is solid...the feel of it in my hand is awesome...it is just right...i am keeping it..i am also running juice defender..i may get rid of that...it may be a bit of overkill...

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Anybody having random freezes requiring a hard reset or the screen timing out in the middle texting/typing messages in these forums?

Own a Bionic but watching this forum cuz son is lobbying for a RAZR... Curious, when you get a freeze... does the screen stay on and phone don't respond, or, does screen go black?