So how's everyone liking the RAZR?

mikeawhitehead

Reaction score
So did you come from an iPhone or a merge?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

I recently changed from US Cellular to Verizon. My last phone with USC was the Merge - which is a GREAT phone. My first phone with Verizon was the 4S.

mikeawhitehead

Reaction score
Bluetooth signal, though a standard in regards to its existence, is far from standard and signal strength varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and then within the manufacturer from handset to handset...

Try trading your phone in for another... You really may get a phone with a Bluetooth chip that just seems to work better...

Incompatibility does exist so just because your old phone worked with a device doesn't mean a new one will... Or maybe it will but still not entirely compatible and therefore iffy at best...

3 TBolts later, I ended up with one that worked without a problem btw... And my Sennheiser Bluetooth (silver) signal was not nearly as good as my Sennheiser Bluetooth (black) however, neither is as good as my Jawbone Era... Thus, I ended up with my Jawbone...

Hooray for good quality control huh? Haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I agree with you re: the Bluetooth signal. Been trying to figure out what version of BT the Razr has - any idea?
I'm not sure Verizon will allow me to trade my phone in - they told me when I brought the iPhone back that they only allow 1 phone exchange. Maybe it would be different this time since I'm getting the same make/model phone. Not really a biggee - the BT problem isn't a deal killer for me. Overall, I truly do think this may the best phone I've ever owned! :biggrin:

Markee

Reaction score
Jroc: Have a bionic... Have time to exchange it... Wondering if I should go Razr or stick with the Bionic...
Went to the verizon store... Compared the Bionic and Razr... Razr screen looked better, not quite a bright with both up full, but I liked the color saturation.
Should I make the switch... I got the impression from the V store that they were pushing the Razr and the latest and best phone...

Any overridding thoughts??

Came from OG Droid, to Bionic and ??? Razr???

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I looked at them side by side today. The razr whites are very dim but it does have better color.

I would get the razr if you don't mind the dim screen.

Or you can wait for the nexus which will have a great screen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've said this before.....if you have a Bionic and its not having any problems....no issues, its working for you fine....I honestly see no need to switch. IF the screen does look better to you on the RAZR, you like the screen on the RAZR better, like the thinness more. Its about what you want..

I have yet to see a Bionic so I cant comment on that screen, Next to my Droid X1 yea the RAZR doesnt look as bright. Colors, blacks, viewing angles are very nice on the RAZR tho.

Basically.....what SSHGuru said...lol.

fever

Reaction score
I've got my OG Droid working with ropes and pulleys and will hopefully just make it until the Nexus comes out. However, I got my wife a Bionic and it has performed nicely. It's a solid phone.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My experience with both the Bionic and Razr was that the Bionic actually had better battery life on an average day for me than the Razr. ymmv obviously, especially on an issue like that, but fwiw!

Kylar

Reaction score
I recently changed from US Cellular to Verizon. My last phone with USC was the Merge - which is a GREAT phone. My first phone with Verizon was the 4S.

Can i ask why you switched from the Iphone 4s to the Razr? Did you not like the Iphone? I know i'm going to get blasted for saying this here but my bionic is driving me nuts with all the issues, so I'm either getting a Razr, Iphone 4s, or the Nexus (as long as it comes out in a week or two)

Any opinions?

Billyd

Reaction score
Just got my Razr last night and really impressed so far.
Was a little funny when the gal at Costco turned it on and it immediately loaded my custom wallpaper I made for my rooted Droid, of the original TruBlood DVD cover gal with the RED lips etc.. And then it pops up the scrolling gallery and the first pic was of a gf's erect nipple I had cropped for her user icon. lmao
Needles to say, the first thing I did was delete the gallery off my home page.

I was again impressed at how quick the 4G loaded most all my apps, the paid apps it seems are remembered but it is necessary to hit the market and grab any free apps that you had before.

In short time I grabbed Beautiful Widgets which is one of my favorites and it works fine.
The Razr has it's own doc but other than adding diff apps to the four available slots I have yet to find a way to customize it. So I am curious if anyone has used ADW with it yet as that is also one of my fav apps.

I can't believe Moto didn't add the feature to lock your settings like ADW has which I find invaluable for keeping all my settings the way I like even when letting a novice check out my cell. Before they added that it seems almost anytime I would let someone use my Droid, mysteriously things would get moved around or deleted.

Lots to learn still, but enjoying it.
Thanks
X/BillyD..
icon14.png

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
(Jobs, R.I.P but eat your heart out).

Although it's a topic for a whole other thread, Jobs is getting the last laugh out of this one. He passes away, and a couple of weeks later Adobe announces they are abandoning Flash for mobile devices in favor of HTML 5. In a way, he got his way.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Although it's a topic for a whole other thread, Jobs is getting the last laugh out of this one. He passes away, and a couple of weeks later Adobe announces they are abandoning Flash for mobile devices in favor of HTML 5. In a way, he got his way.

Sites aren't going to drop Flash overnight and Adobe isn't really abandoning Flash. They're passing the cost of porting the Flash player to phone manufacturers. It remains to be seen which Androids support Flash in the future. I don't believe that support will vanish entirely any time soon simply because it is a selling point for Android and customers often want the capability.

scrub571

Reaction score
Can i ask why you switched from the Iphone 4s to the Razr? Did you not like the Iphone? I know i'm going to get blasted for saying this here but my bionic is driving me nuts with all the issues, so I'm either getting a Razr, Iphone 4s, or the Nexus (as long as it comes out in a week or two)

Any opinions?

I had the iPhone 4S for a few days... It was a great device. Build quality and screen resolution was amazing. The screen size was a contributor to me returning the phone. Another factor was going back to old technology, mainly 3G only service. My previous phone was the tbolt rooted and romed. Running quite well. Plus the tbolt had 3G web surf and talk. The newer 4g phones will only support 4g surf and talk. I'm hooked on that feature and will only get it on a 4g phone, so I felt the iPhone was dated from that perspective. Plus I missed having the back arrow button. You would think apps on a device without a back arrow would have a backup feature baked in, but not always in the iPhone. Still love my iPad 2 though.

Now I have the razr and love it. Sleek sexy phone. Next up the nexus.