So... how many of you all use your music player?

Manifesto Zero

Reaction score
I really can't stand the built in music player and the apps on Market. Something about the ui, functionality, lack of podcast syncing, and problems with DoubleTwist (does not "see" my music when syncing), Salling (crashes during each sync), Itunes agent (does not recognize my droid), etc. For these reasons, I still keep my ipod touch around.

Why are you syncing music? All you have to do is mount the droid and drag and drop the into the music folder on the droid.

Reaction score
I honestly think the stock music app is fine. It is functional, it just isn't all snazzed up. I liked my ipod touch a lot, but what I'm finding more useful using my droid is obviously not carrying an extra device, but also being able to change volume with a physical key and not have to take the device out of my pocket.

OyVOid

Reaction score
I use my Droid to listen to music everyday at work. The only accessory I am missing right now is headphones so that I can listen to music when I am commuting to work, but other than that I use my phone to listen to music every day. Currently, I have 300+ songs, but I am downloading new ones every day. And I've found that I can add songs from my old cds that I have by converting it to wma files, sending it to my Gmail account and downloading it that way. Sweet!

For anyone interested in music and looking for new songs or new bands, go to the www.themusicninja.com blog. I love it!

Reaction score
And I've found that I can add songs from my old cds that I have by converting it to wma files, sending it to my Gmail account and downloading it that way. Sweet!

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You could simply plug in your droid to your computer, mount the sd card, and transfer your music about a quadrillion times faster.

I don't know what your age is, and I don't mean to be condescending, but technology can bring out the dumb in smart people, especially the older they are.

OyVOid

Reaction score
And I've found that I can add songs from my old cds that I have by converting it to wma files, sending it to my Gmail account and downloading it that way. Sweet!

You could simply plug in your droid to your computer, mount the sd card, and transfer your music about a quadrillion times faster.

I don't know what your age is, and I don't mean to be condescending, but technology can bring out the dumb in smart people, especially the older they are.

If you don't mean to be condescending, then don't be. This takes me 5 minutes tops. If it works for me, it works. It's saved in my Gmail account where I can access it at my work computer or my Droid. Thanks for you input.

miltk

Reaction score
i don't like it and i wish there were an mp3 app.surprised there isn't.

i don't like that when i choose "artist", it won't play ONLY all that artist's songs. on this droid, the players goes onto the next song on the list, whatever that may be.(specifically in this case, the "artist" is one of manymany in a collection of 100's of old songs)

am i wrong or is there a way of playing the music as i want it?

Reaction score

If you don't mean to be condescending, then don't be. This takes me 5 minutes tops. If it works for me, it works. It's saved in my Gmail account where I can access it at my work computer or my Droid. Thanks for you input.

If it's on your droid, there is no need for it to also be stored in your gmail... I stand by my previous statement.

cuskit

Reaction score
I don't know what your age is, and I don't mean to be condescending, but technology can bring out the dumb in smart people, especially the older they are.[/QUOTE]

I'm 59. Condescend me please! I need someone to get the dumb out of me... :) mike

Guchi

Reaction score
i use pandora and the other streaming apps

Reaction score
It's just hilarious watching a stupid 13 year old girl (who has to count on her fingers how to add 5+4) work a computer better than a 50 year old professor with a doctorate. Don't be a one trick pony and do things the same old way just because it works. I could drive my car to work by taking city roads the whole way, but it would make more sense to take the interstate. Computers are all about problem solving, just use your mind.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just saying you dont like it dosent make sence..what is not to like?
Moot (second post in the thread) listed several reasons. Personally, I'm happy enough with the stock music player. That doesn't mean I wouldn't switch if I found a better suited music app down the road. However, my Droid isn't my primary music player.

Everyone's going to have different preferences. Those that don't like it probably can't understand why you like it and think that it doesn't "make sense" either. ;)

Essex

Reaction score
i use the stock but I do have a question... is there anyway to make songs shuffle in a playlist? When I've tired it before it shuffles all my damn music.

Also is there anyway to make it ignore a file? for instance I don't want my stock music player to see my audio books.

OP
W
Reaction score
It's just hilarious watching a stupid 13 year old girl (who has to count on her fingers how to add 5+4) work a computer better than a 50 year old professor with a doctorate. Computers are all about problem solving, just use your mind.

Well that doesn't seem like a stupid 13 year old girl. Why girl? Would that be comparable to a computer software engineer who designs Operating Systems, but doesn't even know how to twitter?

Reaction score
I used my iPod 6 hours a day every day for 4 years. Now I haven't touched it in two months. I use Tunewiki (I prefer the interface and the built in Last.FM support) but it's apps like Rhapsody and Last.FM and Pandora that have really made the difference. Also PC apps like LaLa.com

I have 60gb of music on my iPod and only transferred around 4gb to the Droid but I still don't miss it.