So... how many of you all use your music player?

Reaction score
I love it! Especially the new update they are coming out with is an advancement. I'm a record producer, and I have a addiction to music, so having this on my Droid is a huge plus. I use it a lot even though I have a iPod Touch, and a iPod Nano Video... my Droid is making me kind of abandon them...

So far I have 11 albums on my Droid:

Brand New Eyes - Paramore
Departure - Fat John, Nujabes, Shinj02
Fallen
Hotel Paper
Hybrid Theory
Love vs. Money
Meteora
MMHMM
Ocean Eyes
Riot! - Paramore
This Is War - 30 Seconds To Mars

moot

Reaction score
I love it! Especially the new update they are coming out with is an advancement. I'm a record producer, and I have a addiction to music, so having this on my Droid is a huge plus. I use it a lot even though I have a iPod Touch, and a iPod Nano Video... my Droid is making me kind of abandon them...

So far I have 11 albums on my Droid:

Brand New Eyes - Paramore
Departure - Fat John, Nujabes, Shinj02
Fallen
Hotel Paper
Hybrid Theory
Love vs. Money
Meteora
MMHMM
Ocean Eyes
Riot! - Paramore
This Is War - 30 Seconds To Mars

I really can't stand the built in music player and the apps on Market. Something about the ui, functionality, lack of podcast syncing, and problems with DoubleTwist (does not "see" my music when syncing), Salling (crashes during each sync), Itunes agent (does not recognize my droid), etc. For these reasons, I still keep my ipod touch around.

With that being said, I do use my droid for watching movies, and have some of my "must have" CDs with me, in case my ipod is not around.

Last edited:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have about 11 gigs of music on mine. I use tunewiki.

brock

Reaction score
i have 13 gigs.. use the stock player and it works great, i don't know why people ***** about it. i gave my ipod touch to my gfs sis, no need for it anymore.

meekless

Reaction score
i have about 300 songs on my Droid and use both the built in player as well as Tunewiki and love that is shows the lyrics in realtime and you can link to youtube videos.

i recently got a bluetooth stereo headset and use it everytime i workout at the gym, or work in the yard.

i love it!!

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have close to 2000 songs, most in high bitrate. The biggest thing missing from the Droid is an EQ.

It makes me sad :(

sc4fpse

Reaction score
I use my music player ever day on the way to class. I've got about 16 gigs worth of music, but only listen to a few albums most of the time. So, I took those favorite albums of mine and stuck them on my Droid. Total of about 1.3 GB of music on it. And that's just the right amount for going to and from class.

In addition to that, I often listen to some streaming radio via DroidLive. Great stuff. :) My poor Zune HD has really taken a back seat to my Droid. I kind of regret paying so much for it. Love it's color (blue), but it just can't compare to a device like the Droid.

Once 32 GB microSD cards become cheap and mainstream, the Droid will be perfect.

eliassami5

Reaction score
i dont get why people dont like the stock music player? i love it, its simple but everything you need is there. That combined with Pandora and being able to long press on a song or artist to add them to your Pandora playlist is fantastic.

Just saying you dont like it dosent make sence..what is not to like?

romangreen23

Reaction score
yup I use the music player. the UI may not be as nice as the iPod's, but it's more than service-able and has effectively replaced my need to even own an iPod, which is now dusting away.

plus, I love having to only carry one device in my pockets now :icon_ banana:

OP
W
Reaction score
Some people may not like it due to GUI, feature availability, or ease of use. I like it. I like TuneWiki better. The native player can be more advanced, but we will get there in time. I like it.

Itamar

Reaction score
The Droid is my only music player (aside from my PC). As of now I've got 1632 tracks which I shuffle play. I've downsized them all to 128 kbps and they sound great. I'm proud to say that I've never owned an i-Anything. Apple can bite my furry arse.

KarenElissa

Reaction score
I use the music player pretty much every day and I would classify it as functional, but overly simple. It plays music and all that, but it is missing a couple of features.

I want it to have a category for genre as well as artist and album. I'm often in a mood for a certain type of music, but don't really care about who the artist is.

I also wish that I could chose how it sorts playlists. Usually I want them sorted by title, but sometimes I would like them by album or artist.

I would also love it if it did podcast support, although that is a bit more of a stretch than the first two.

eliassami5

Reaction score
Some people may not like it due to GUI, feature availability, or ease of use. I like it. I like TuneWiki better. The native player can be more advanced, but we will get there in time. I like it.

how hard could it be to use?? the only thing its lacking is an eq but if you think you can get any sort of audiophile acceptable sound quality from a phone then you are sadly mistaken.