So How Do YOu Like The Way the D2 Sits In The Cradle?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think with the D1 and Froyo 2.2 that some of the magic was taken out of placing your Droid in the cradle. However I notice with the D2 that doesn't appear to be the case.

You have a dimming selection again, as opposed to the D1 which went into a screen protector mode. Now I liked that in a sense but I prefer to have it lit up, almost like a night light when it's in the charger upstairs. It also gives easy access.

One thing that kind of annoys me is there is this weather widget that was on one of the home screens that I threw out. It has me in Reminderville. Now Reminderville is very nice but I don't live there. I'm in a little bit of a strange area of Bainbridge that uses the zip code for Aurora since we don't have our own zip so technically I am in Aurora, OH.

I'm about 3 miles away from Reminderville and closer to Aurora. Beautiful Widgets gets it right, so I don't get it. Don't they use the same GPS?

When the alarm goes off it's not a tap but a slide to turn it off. That's a bit of an issue as my alarm usually goes off when I'm eating and there goes my glass getting smear marks.

Oh well. It wouldn't be a thread unless I complained about something. Overall though I am pleased and I hope they don't mess with it too much in future upgrades.

Boat

Reaction score
Hook,
I too am a bit dissatisfied with the screen when the D2 is in the cradle. I'm fine with most things except I don't get the weather probably due to the "problem loading widget" message in the lower left corner of the screen.
I run Beautiful Widget on my home screen and that obviously is what's not loading. It was fine with my old D1 but the configuration is different on the D2.
I even trashed the Play All and Gallery icons to no avail.
Any ideas on getting weather on the screen or getting the widget to load aside from going to a smaller Beautiful Widget?

danwanna

Reaction score
My biggest complaint is that they made it way too easy (and tempting) to hit snooze. With my D1 I at least had to look at the buttons to make sure I was hitting the right one. :p

bobby_v

Reaction score
I'm happy with my D2 in the cradle . . . especially since you can keep the phone case on.

aristo1963

Reaction score
Hook tap the weather icon in the cradle and then hit settings,choose your area by name or zipcode and it should now show up.By zip mine actually goes to the section of town I live in.dancedroid

sorapp

Reaction score
When I first used the cradle I got an error message for one of the icons. I didn't know what the icon did. While playing with it, the icon dissappeared and I no longer get the error. After reading this thread I realize it was probably the weather icon. Anyone know How I can get it back and how to get it to work?

Boat

Reaction score
When I first used the cradle I got an error message for one of the icons. I didn't know what the icon did. While playing with it, the icon dissappeared and I no longer get the error. After reading this thread I realize it was probably the weather icon. Anyone know How I can get it back and how to get it to work?

With D2 in cradle:
Menu> Add> Dock Widgets> Weather.
Set your preferences> Done.

SonRK

Reaction score
Don't like how it sits in the cradle and def. preferred my Droid 1 when it was in the dock. I bought Better Alarm so it looks like it used to >_>