So how do you get the browser to stop refreshing?

s-one

Reaction score
Every time I switch diff apps and head back to the browser the thing always refreshes on me. Any way to stop it?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I can't get mine to duplicate that behavior. If I back out and use several other apps then come back, the browser doesn't refresh on me.

Is it all websites or specific ones?

OP
s-one

s-one

Reaction score
hmmm... I notice on many websites it does this but I can say specifically all of them. Even when I search something on google.com, open a new link in a new window, go back to my original window with the search results and I get this dialogue box about sending info back to google.com yada yada... you know that message you get on doing a refresh. I click "ok" then I go back to the other browser window I open and that page refreshes.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I do get that message a lot when backing up to a google search results page. Not every time but often enough to be annoying. But I still haven't had a problem with the page reloading when I go back to the browser from another app. Odd.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does it happen every time? It is to be expected sometimes because if you switch away from it the OS will sometimes kill the process. When you go back it needs to startup and reload.

Having a lot of stuff running in the background would cause this more often. An automated task killer could cause this.

Try uninstalling unnecessary stuff like automated task killers, antivirus, widgets, etc. and see if that helps.

OP
s-one

s-one

Reaction score
Thank you all kindly for the responses. I'll take a look at the suggestions to hopefully remedy the problem but basically yea.. it does it pretty much all the time. In some cases a page will not reload one time... but will reload another.. so I'm not exactly sure what the behavior behind it is.. too many apps, not enough mem, time.. not sure. Thanks!

Sing1gniS

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me too. Wish there was a way to stop it, but I don't think there is.

darreno1

Reaction score
Can't remember this happening to me and I browse all the time. However I use Skyfire or Dolphin, sometimes xscope. My suggestion is to try another browser to see if continues. Everyone seems to like Dolphin HD.

Jer

Reaction score
I get the same thing using Dolphin and Dolphin HD so it exists on them as well. I don't notice it all the time so I don't know if it's just because I don't notice it all the time or that it's just occasionally. I'm thinking the latter but I'm still not sure what constants are present when it happens to replicate it. It's frustrating though if I'm entering text and go to another app to look at what I was typing/was going to type and when I return it refreshes the window for some reason. Text lost. Grrrrr.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i had a similar problem with the stock browser, was kinda weird.

I recently switched to Dolphin Browser HD and i don't have that problem. I recommend Dolphin Browser HD, it is a faster browser, imo. I honestly saw no point in a 3rd party browser til now.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine uses the G1. It has less memory and he experiences this type of thing a lot. That's why I think that when you switch away from the browser, the OS is killing that process. Furthermore, I think that freeing up resources would probably make this problem happen less as the browser could stay in memory. Just speculating, I don't know.

Oh, and don't use an automated task killer but if you do then maybe make it ignore your browser.

jlnguyen

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me. Its kind of annoying but I doubt there's any way to change it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
s-one

s-one

Reaction score
Ok so it isn't only me... I'll look into the other browser. Thanks.

JoeKacz

Reaction score
Happens to me all the time and bugs the heck out of me. Glad to see I'm not alone.

baniels

Reaction score
I have had this issue for some time. On stock 2.01 and even on some 2.01 modded Roms I didn't have the issue. I can't remember when, exactly, but this started a while back - before the official 2.1 release.

When I notice it most is when I have multiple "windows" open in my browser and wait some time before viewing them.