So here's a question:

danetbra63

Reaction score
:mad:I recently took the security update by mistake. I was already rooted and had my bootloader unlocked prior to the OTA.. Now that i took the update, I'm stuck with the custom boot animation I put on my maxx HD and i'm without root.
My question: Will matts utility be able to revert everything clear back to 4.0.1?
I willing to wipe my phone completely to get my root back and my CM10.1

Hope to get some feedback on this!
thanks!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
:mad:I recently took the security update by mistake. I was already rooted and had my bootloader unlocked prior to the OTA.. Now that i took the update, I'm stuck with the custom boot animation I put on my maxx HD and i'm without root.
My question: Will matts utility be able to revert everything clear back to 4.0.1?
I willing to wipe my phone completely to get my root back and my CM10.1

Hope to get some feedback on this!
thanks!
Here is a link that will help you regain root, but you won't be able to unlock your bootloader. That boat, unfortunately, has sailed: [Script/Utility]Root Access for Post- 9.18.79/9.20.1 OTA, Locked Bootload Razr HD-Test It! - Droid Razr HD General [XT926] - DroidRzr.com

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
he needs to use my link, as his bootloader is already Unlocked.
I misread his thread, I didn't realize his bootloader was Unlocked. Interesting though, my understanding is that if you took the OTA update you would loose root and the bootloader would be returned to a locked state. Maybe I misunderstood that part about the bootloader. He needs to check to see if his bootloader is truly unlocked.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I misread his thread, I didn't realize his bootloader was Unlocked. Interesting though, my understanding is that if you took the OTA update you would loose root and the bootloader would be returned to a locked state. Maybe I misunderstood that part about the bootloader. He needs to check to see if his bootloader is truly unlocked.

i havent heard of any getting locked back, you loose root and the ability to unlock, not re-locked. root can be re-acquired, but unlocking a never unlocked device, can not.