So Getting this Phone!! :)

LOADIE

Reaction score
Funny you mention the daylight thing. Yes, the screen is very visible in sunlight but.. so is the physical makeup of the screen. held at just the right angle I see little quarter inch square lines. I attribute that to color / image saturation or lack there of. pursuit of the battery saving maybe? It becomes distracting because I find myself trying to find just that "right" angle. I'm obviously easily entertained. Glad to hear you have a rational reasons not just something someone said.

crwys

Reaction score
I love the Razr. The only way I will have a problem with the unremoveable battery is if the battery life is terrible. If it is good, then I should be fine. For my Droid X I have 3 batteries, I usually never have to resort to my backups, but every once in a while I have those crazy days where I use them heavily.

gmtekk

Reaction score
Ordering that baby next week!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

th3absurdhero

Reaction score
I love the Razr. The only way I will have a problem with the unremoveable battery is if the battery life is terrible. If it is good, then I should be fine. For my Droid X I have 3 batteries, I usually never have to resort to my backups, but every once in a while I have those crazy days where I use them heavily.

3 batterys?! i dont think this phones for you. but then again the bionic has the same battery and ive been surprise how long its last with the strain ive put on it

thefuzz

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly!!! I have had my X since launch. And it has been a trouble-free ride for 15 months. The GN is gonna be a sweet phone indeed. I just don't care for Sammy and I still think 1st gen ICS is gonna be real buggy. Besides Moto makes solid devices with strong radios. ICS is something I don't need to have now so I can wait until they finally bring it out for the RAZR. The only hesitation I have with the RAZR is the lack of a removable battery. I really hope they implement some sort of hard rest like most tablets with non-removable batteries have.
Exactly right! Battery was a major concern for me as well, but, I have to say, I trust Motorola to make the right decision. If they feel the 1750ma is enough, then that's good enough for me. I really like Gingerbread, and custom ROM's so here's to hoping we get some great custom ROM's for the Razr!!!

crwys

Reaction score
3 batterys?! i dont think this phones for you. but then again the bionic has the same battery and ive been surprise how long its last with the strain ive put on it
If anything I will just get a portable phone charger.
This phone is definitely for me, love the hdmi port, love the look, not a big fan of Samsung.

lobo13

Reaction score
Glad to know that a lot of people seem to be excited about this phone. Not sure how Nexus trumps Razr in looks department. To me it looks rather plain for a smartphone that is supposed to be the next great thing, talking about the Nexus.

Insidious

Reaction score
Never been so excited about a phone before, the Razr looks really good, heard nothing but good reviews about it so far! Not a big samsung fan, so no jumping on the Nexus ICS bangwagon for me. Looks to be a great phone, the Bionic was a let down for me. I had to return it back, no offense to the Bionic owners out there. Having own a G1, Moto Cliq, Moto Cliq slide, Vibrant, , Incredible, T-Bolt, Charge, and Bionic, etc... I might keep this phone for at least a year! :biggrin:;):D

Where do people get the money to be all of these phones?! Nexus for me though. I can't turn down an HD display and ICS goodness. I'm the sure the RAZR will be on hell of the phone too though!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

lobo13

Reaction score
Where do people get the money to be all of these phones?! Nexus for me though. I can't turn down an HD display and ICS goodness. I'm the sure the RAZR will be on hell of the phone too though!

ICS is coming to Razr. Find it kind of silly that most people are getting Nexus for ICS when ICS is coming to this phone and a bunch of others. I'm fine with 2.3.4, it's a decent OS.

crwys

Reaction score
Glad to know that a lot of people seem to be excited about this phone. Not sure how Nexus trumps Razr in looks department. To me it looks rather plain for a smartphone that is supposed to be the next great thing, talking about the Nexus.
THe phones are very alike besides build quality.
And a better res screen.
But I don't see how the ICS is making people want to buy it when its coming to the Razr very soon. And will most likely be buggy on the phone since its the first release. I mean the face unlock didnt even work at the official release thing. Hopefully once ICS reaches razr most of the bugs will be ironed out.

lobo13

Reaction score
THe phones are very alike besides build quality.
And a better res screen.
But I don't see how the ICS is making people want to buy it when its coming to the Razr very soon. And will most likely be buggy on the phone since its the first release. I mean the face unlock didnt even work at the official release thing. Hopefully once ICS reaches razr most of the bugs will be ironed out.
I have seen people stating that the reason they go for the Nexus is only cause of ICS. And the looks of the phone. Which I don't know looks too plain to me. Yeah, that's true that it didn't recognize him at all. I don't know why they said its faster than swype unlocking it. I can see how face unlock may be a problem. Plus, wasn't it low security using face unlock? I saw a vid that said something like that when they switched it to face unlock.

Insidious

Reaction score
Both points make sense but I'm also in it mainly (I forgot to mention) the bootloader and NFC. Plus I've had a lot of Moto phones and id like to try some other brands as well.

yoopermjm

Reaction score
I've been looking at both razr and gn, and I go back and forth. I'm coming from original moto droid though, and it always worked great for me.
Internal battery doesn't scare me, I bought a spare for my droid and have never used it, plus with the battery saving built in, I doubt I will need it.
The razr is leading for me for a couple reasons, most notably the build quality and the strong moto radio history. My phone works great still and is still in great shape. I spend alot of time outside, and the kevlar/ss frame/gorilla glass/nano water tech combination is just too good to pass up, even with a slightly less advanced processor and screen. I'm thinking razr today! Plus I like the looks much better. GN reminds me of a modern day car, they all look alike!

lobo13

Reaction score
I've been looking at both razr and gn, and I go back and forth. I'm coming from original moto droid though, and it always worked great for me.
Internal battery doesn't scare me, I bought a spare for my droid and have never used it, plus with the battery saving built in, I doubt I will need it.
The razr is leading for me for a couple reasons, most notably the build quality and the strong moto radio history. My phone works great still and is still in great shape. I spend alot of time outside, and the kevlar/ss frame/gorilla glass/nano water tech combination is just too good to pass up, even with a slightly less advanced processor and screen. I'm thinking razr today! Plus I like the looks much better. GN reminds me of a modern day car, they all look alike!
I agree with your post. I also don't understand how they say this phone is ugly when the Nexus looks way too plain to me. Like a Samsung Intensity with the keys. It just doesn't look right. The Razr is different which is why I like it. Hoping to preorder tomorrow. Never preordered before.

Reaction score
man...they had me at gorilla glass. that's all I want on my thunderbolt.

I can't wait to check this out in store and see some actual feedback about battery life..

if I get the razr, I doubt I'll get rid of the TB, but it really has all I need for most days..not really worried about rooting it as long as it works well out of the box. gorilla glass, 4g, 4.3" screen, netflix..good enough for me, I've been rooting/modding since the droid 1 release and I wouldn't mind not worrying about it for a change.

I think it's pretty slick lookin, too..