1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

So Getting this Phone!! :)

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by benz0, Oct 22, 2011.

1. benz0

benz0 New Member

Never been so excited about a phone before, the Razr looks really good, heard nothing but good reviews about it so far! Not a big samsung fan, so no jumping on the Nexus ICS bangwagon for me. Looks to be a great phone, the Bionic was a let down for me. I had to return it back, no offense to the Bionic owners out there. Having own a G1, Moto Cliq, Moto Cliq slide, Vibrant, , Incredible, T-Bolt, Charge, and Bionic, etc... I might keep this phone for at least a year! :biggrin:;):D
  2. destin246

destin246 New Member

me too

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  3. lobo13

lobo13 New Member

Me Three!!
  4. William_04_x

William_04_x Member

Me 2.3.4

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    1 person likes this.
  5. Blayzejlm

Blayzejlm New Member

It's ugly as hell though with those awful corners
  6. crwys

crwys New Member

7. rayhodge02

rayhodge02 New Member

Well unsure about this I'm waiting for the Nexus..
  8. winner00

winner00 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I agree with blayzejlm. I think it looks ugly. Thats why I am getting the Galaxy Nexus.
    1 person likes this.
  9. wolf102

wolf102 Member

my wife and i are getting the razr to.
  10. LOADIE

LOADIE New Member

Just a question but if the bionic was such a let down, what do you anticipate being better about the razr? Coming with the same o s, same basic hardware, just a slightly overclocked cpu, I wouldn't expect it to perform very differently.
    1 person likes this.
  11. benz0

benz0 New Member

The Bionic is a good phone, speed and power was the fastest i've owned..However, the screen was the deal breaker for me, i'll tried to like it, just could not deal with the screen door look. Even try to give reasoning to myself by saying "hey, at least I can see in daylight", im pretty sure you have heard of that one before?

I ve waited for this phone since early this year as well. Would have love to kept the phone. It looks like the Razr would have similar specs, minus the pentile screen. The Razr could definitely be my phone that the Bionic wasnt.
    1 person likes this.
  12. Gmansurge

Gmansurge New Member

I haven't had my hands on a Razr yet, but it is likely my next phone. It is the Bionic with better performance, better display, thinner design, nano technology moisture protection, added Moto features such as Motocast, ICS by 1st quarter 2012, etc...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  13. thefuzz

thefuzz New Member

I love my Droid X, it has been by far the best phone I have ever owned. I truly wanted to like the new Nexus but to me, it just doesn't stand out. On top of that I can't bring myself to buy a Samsung phone.

The Razr is my X on steroids so st the end of the day its a real no brainer!

Sent from DroidX running Liberty
  14. Nyteravyn

Nyteravyn New Member

I love my bionic... I'd like to love the Razr! but at the end of the day, unless there is a power supply, it is all over but the crying... I guess I will just have to suffer through the joys of my bionic until the ICS proper build with a user replaceable battery sees the light of day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  15. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

My thoughts exactly!!! I have had my X since launch. And it has been a trouble-free ride for 15 months. The GN is gonna be a sweet phone indeed. I just don't care for Sammy and I still think 1st gen ICS is gonna be real buggy. Besides Moto makes solid devices with strong radios. ICS is something I don't need to have now so I can wait until they finally bring it out for the RAZR. The only hesitation I have with the RAZR is the lack of a removable battery. I really hope they implement some sort of hard rest like most tablets with non-removable batteries have.
  16. LOADIE

LOADIE New Member

Funny you mention the daylight thing. Yes, the screen is very visible in sunlight but.. so is the physical makeup of the screen. held at just the right angle I see little quarter inch square lines. I attribute that to color / image saturation or lack there of. pursuit of the battery saving maybe? It becomes distracting because I find myself trying to find just that "right" angle. I'm obviously easily entertained. Glad to hear you have a rational reasons not just something someone said.
  17. crwys

crwys New Member

I love the Razr. The only way I will have a problem with the unremoveable battery is if the battery life is terrible. If it is good, then I should be fine. For my Droid X I have 3 batteries, I usually never have to resort to my backups, but every once in a while I have those crazy days where I use them heavily.
  18. gmtekk

gmtekk New Member

Ordering that baby next week!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  19. th3absurdhero

th3absurdhero New Member

3 batterys?! i dont think this phones for you. but then again the bionic has the same battery and ive been surprise how long its last with the strain ive put on it
  20. thefuzz

thefuzz New Member

Exactly right! Battery was a major concern for me as well, but, I have to say, I trust Motorola to make the right decision. If they feel the 1750ma is enough, then that's good enough for me. I really like Gingerbread, and custom ROM's so here's to hoping we get some great custom ROM's for the Razr!!!