1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

So far only thing I don't like....

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by spower, Feb 1, 2010.

1. spower

spower New Member

Is the location of the SD Card! It is a pain to have to power off and remove battery.

What about you, what don't you like...
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Just asking... why do you need to remove the SD card? :) There are apps, like SDrescan, that will 'reload' the SD card without having to physically pull it out.
  3. demski5b

demski5b New Member

Voicemail password keyboard default

On my "old" cell phone, I could just put my 4 digit password in by depressing the ever present number buttons. Now on the Eris Droid, I have to click on the keyboard icon to enter my password. Is there a way to have the keyboard/number pad display as a default at the time of password entry? It seems idiotic to "create" another step to get my voicemails. Thank you in advance for any help or tips.
  4. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

I bought a microSD card for my old LG EnV and have alot of pics, vids, etc saved on it. Verizon rep told me I could just pull the SD card on the Droid, put the old one in, save everything to the phone, switch cards back and move them to the Droid's card. Haven't done it yet, but it's about the only reason I can think of to need to pull it.
  5. Martin030908

Could just hook your EnV to your PC, transfer the SD card contents onto your PC and then to your Droid. The Droid doesn't have anywhere near the storage capacity of an SD card.
  6. deolexrex

deolexrex New Member

No Google Wave and the placement of the "on" button.
  7. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

My biggest gripe currently, is the way you answer calls. Swiping to answer just isn't for me. I fail to swipe it far enough, or it fails me quite often. This leads to me sending my caller to voicemail. Which isn't only frustrating to me, but it is annoying to my callers. Not that I get a lot of calls that are extremely important, but that is beside the point. I would love a simple button press, *press here to answer* ...*press here to ignore*....*press here to go back to playing Robo Defense* buttons.

Yes I understand why they did it the way they did it, and that some people may actually like it the way it is. But I would much rather have an option.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  8. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

that somewhat protects your card, because then you cant pull it out while it's being written to or accessed.
    and personally, i dont have anything i dont like about my droid (except no hdmi)
  9. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

I'm not sure the Droid (or other android phones) allow you to freely move media files between the phone and sdcard.

My suggestion is to hook your droid up to the computer (with the old card in the droid) and move everything off the card into a folder on your computer's desktop.

Then reconnect the droid to the computer with the new sdcard in the droid, and just copy all your old files to the new card.

Of course, if your computer has a card reader or an adapter, you can just use that without having to connect the phone, but since almost any PC these days have a USB port, I mentioned doing it through the droid.
  10. deolexrex

deolexrex New Member

oh, a big +1 to the "back to playing Robo Defense button"

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  11. TBV

TBV New Member

Non-PDA's like the ENV are not recognized by your PC or Mac as an external drive as are devices like a Blackberry, Droid, or other PDA's...that is why before you can transfer music from your PC to a non-PDA you must have the drive installed on the PC that can recognize the device.

To me, the easiest way to transfer info from non-PDA's is to have a memory card reader that the microdSD fits into, the reader is then simply inserted into the USB port and is recognized as an external drive...from there it is simply 'drag and drop'.
  12. spower

spower New Member

And this is the problem, since it is a microSD card my PC does not recognize it unless I remove it, place it in the "adapter" card and then insert in PC. If the PC would just read the card when it is in the phone that would make things easier.
  13. Martin030908

Taking the SD card from the EnV and putting it in a reader is the easiest way to go.

My EnV connected to the PC and I was able to drag and drop music. Just search for an EnV USB driver.
  14. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

Well now that I think about it, using my external memory card reader/writer or the card reader on my new computer, and plugging my Droid in to my computer and just moving them straight from one to the other will probably be easier/the way I go.

Other than that, nothing I've run across on the phone that I don't like and couldn't be remedied with the right app.
  15. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

Its better to have it on the card anyway. At least that way you have the option of carrying it from phone to phone, as long as your new phone has a sdcard slot on it.

If it were directly on the phone, you would certainly be forced to do some work to get it off and on to something else. So if you think about it that way, its more flexible having it on the card anyway =]
  16. BRKDR08

BRKDR08 New Member

I hate

my recent calls list all the mutiples of calls why doesnt the droid group these into 1 call like the bb does ? os there an app to fix this? please help wanting to swap back and like my droid but hate the list!:mad:
Search tags for this page

can you use sd card adapter with spower