so does the razr have connection issue ?

mr_bungle

Reaction score
does the razr have connection issues like the bionic ? bad service can't stay connect to 3 or 4 g ?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I had some data drop issues on my Razr prior to the .173 update, but since updating - no issues with data drops. Are you thinking about switching to a Razr or Maxx?

Blossom151

Reaction score
My RazR has been loosing all connections-no 4g or 3g-in common areas(closer to the city) that have never had any problems with service and are known for have the 4g-but when I am at home, and I live far out in the sticks(well sorta) I am able to get 4g all the time, even thou we wasn't suppost to be able to get it...but anyways- I called Verizon and found out that it was because I didn't have the newest update..thou I though I had...guess not.... because my phone wouldn't update, and some other issues with the phone they are replacing it....I got lucky with which customer service I got, in Iowa, they talk to you like they've known you for ever...but then again, my husband says the same about me...

vonfink13

Reaction score
try going into the market and getting an app called... motorola restore connectivity settings.. it's specifically made for the RAZR 4g issues.... it helped mine a lot....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M

mr_bungle

Reaction score
i had the bionic which was a nightmare with connection issues , then i got the rezound which wasn't for me and now i have X2 because i didn't have any issues with it before so i went back but i still want something new . but if the razr still has connection issues like the droid bionic i don't wanna waste my time with it . i just wish there was a phone out the that worked

brobox

Reaction score
I live on the fringe of 4g and I don't even have a problem with hand-off to 3g. No complaints on the stability of the Razr. I would buy another one tomorrow.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Another advocate for the .173 update, I live in Austin and my connection has been great since that update. So good in fact I leave it in CDMA/LTE mode all the time now, where as before I kept it CDMA only because of battery drain. My 4G stays strong pretty much everywhere I have gone, and the hand off between the two has been great as well.

monkey_man

Reaction score
still have connection issue, but I don't think it has anything to do with the phone. I think Verizon just try expanding its 4G coverages that I been having issues with 3G and 4G as well. Because the phone always searching for data, it drains the battery quite alot.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Another advocate for the .173 update, I live in Austin and my connection has been great since that update. So good in fact I leave it in CDMA/LTE mode all the time now, where as before I kept it CDMA only because of battery drain. My 4G stays strong pretty much everywhere I have gone, and the hand off between the two has been great as well.

Same here - darn near perfect since the latest OTA. My phone locks on 4G (where available) now and rarely drops back to 3G. And when it does, the transition is seamless. The difference is night and day. Motorola got it right!! :biggrin:

wushu1

Reaction score
Where would you go to find the current version? I am looking at the selection under "About phone" and see nothing with that octet.. thanks.

Edit** I think I found it.. under system version.. 6.12.173

Last edited:

DocsDad

Reaction score
Pretty good camera

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums