So, do these phones have lots of problems?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by iDr0id, Aug 13, 2010.

1. iDr0id

iDr0id New Member

All I ever see is how many people have problems with the dx. It seems like EVERYBODY has at least one issue, whether it be overheating battery, blown speaker, touch screen issues, slow processor, etc. I'm wondering what my odds are that I will actually get one without issues, rather than one with at least one of the many issues I see posted everyday on this forum.

Is the phone really that buggy/defective? Or is all anybody posts about is their problems?
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

I have had my phone since the release date and I am quite pleased with it...alot of times, more issues are posted than the "this phone is great" posts...I have had very few issues (issues that I probably caused for myself ;)) than equipment/software issues...

It is a new phone on the market - bugs can be expected..R&D is best utilized in the field by actual end-users....
  3. iDr0id

iDr0id New Member

r&d? Sorry, don't know that term. But it just seems like there is and abundance of issues.. Way to many to comfortably await the arrival of my phone. Somebody give me some peaceful words lol
  4. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Research and Development...
  5. iDr0id

iDr0id New Member

Shoulda known that :S
  6. 2xhighpsi

2xhighpsi New Member

The phone is great. You'll love it. Seriously.

Every phone has issues. Nothing is ever perfect out of the box. Don't use the Facebook widget and you will have good battery life.
  7. oo3rex

oo3rex New Member

Hmm, peaceful words...Typically on forums people only post when they are having an issue with something, not when everything is working nicely. Just think of it this way, for every person complaining about a bug or failed hardware, there could be 10 more people not posting because they arent having any problems.

Well..I tried. :)

P.S. - For what its worth, my X has been working flawlessly. I dont regret exchanging my Droid for it at all.
  8. iDr0id

iDr0id New Member

Why shouldnt i use the facebook widget? Any other suggestions on a facebook app?

and r3x i did consider the same thing, so that somebody else was thinking what i was thinking makes me feel a little better haha
  9. Mean Bro Greene

Mean Bro Greene New Member

To be perfectly honest, I just use the built in Social Networking stream. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done. I'm very much a minimalist when it comes to having multiple apps that accomplish the same end result.
  10. aminaked

aminaked New Member

11. Trash Can

Trash Can New Member

Initially, I blew off the built-in feature and opted for FB for Android. Then I read about battery drain issues with the update and promptly uninstalled it, so I gave the built-in one the ole college try. It does take a little getting used to, but I actually prefer it now. I've noticed no difference in battery consumption with either. It's all a matter of preference.
  12. DrSarcasmo

DrSarcasmo New Member

I'm digging my Droid X Bigtime! I have had NO problems with this phone at all. Once I figured out the battery issues, I get really good life out of the battery. As a phone, it works very well. That was my main criteria. I needed a good phone. This gets great reception, I never lost a call, and is crystal clear. I don't have the volume problems either. (Knock on wood!)
  13. Scubamike

Scubamike New Member

Optimistic...

This is great to hear. My DX is (hopefully) on it's way. I've been reading this forum and was starting to get quite dismayed by all of the complaints and concerns regarding this phone.

Your post gives me some hope. That's refreshing.
  14. iDr0id

iDr0id New Member

I guess the only way to tell is to wait until the dx shows up at my door:motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert:
  15. socomdark

socomdark New Member

smartphones are especially prone to bugs when released so no matter what if you want a new smartphone you will get bugs. it comes with the territory of being the first to buy it. all that we can hope for is that these issues will get resolved which most will when froyo is released next month. if you think droid x has good battery life now then wait until froyo. it can only get better
  16. iDr0id

iDr0id New Member

I thought the droid had terrible terrible battery life. Like won't last 12 hours if you use it at all
  17. arabstar1982

arabstar1982 New Member

The first DX I had did have a hardware/software charging issue (not sure which, but Verizon sent me a brand new replacement) and this phone has been flawless! I get great battery life with it for heavy usage most of the time, and it well lasts me the 14-16 hours I am up and when I do plug it in at night, its usually still got 40% battery life after that amount of time with heavy texting, heavy internet browsing, game playing and even music playing occasionally. As of right now, I have sent a few text messages and the battery indicator is still showing 100% after 3.5 hours - granted I have not been using it has hard today as I do most days, but still, that's not bad in my opinion for turning display on to send and read text messages (total of 20-30 in that 3.5 hours). I do not run a task killer or system monitoring app, just let the phone do its own thing, and so far, I can't complain. It is snappy, smooth running and rarely am I able to slow it down by heavy usage at one time. I use LP Plus, dolphin HD browser and Handcent for my text messages. I would say go get the phone, I don't regret it, even with that DOA I had first. I do believe this will be a phone that will last me a long time instead of me wanting the next best thing that comes out in three months.... I am thoroughly comfortable with this phone and LOVE the huge screen! Just my $.02...... dancedroid
  18. socomdark

socomdark New Member

droid x has the best battey life out of all android phones out there currently and its only running on 2.1. the closest android phones that compete in battery life is the Galaxy S line which actually has a better standby time then the Droid X or so ive read
  19. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Hundreds of thousands of these things have been sold already and there are a few dozen threads about people having issues. Well actually there are a few hundred threads about the same few issues.

There are a few known issues, as reported on some sites, and the answer by Google to each has been that an update will be crafted and sent via ota to the phones. A great number of the posts you see here and other forums of people reporting "issues" is actually operator error. Go read a thread titled "2.2 is a disaster" if you want to see what I mean. The op's definition of "disaster" is mainly that a font color is not to his liking.

Go read any forum dealing with any technical device and you will see the same thing. There will be people decrying the device as awful and yet there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people that are totally happy, but you don't see them posting about not having any issues. You only see the bad, in most cases. Get the phone, you will love it.
Search tags for this page

do all droid x phones have problems