So... Corporate Discounts FTW

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by Beardface, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Beardface

Beardface Member

Was rockin my OG Droid earlier today on my way to lunch when I get a text from Verizon saying 'be one of the first to own a new HTC Thunderbolt'... Well that was interesting, cause as far as I knew I wasn't due for an upgrade until August. So I headed over to the local VZW store to see what was up. Well wouldn't you know, I was eligible for an early upgrade. Having decided, alright... might as well, I went ahead and started to purchase... Guy looks up from the computer and tells me "oh, your company gives a nice discount for this... that'll only be $189"

WOW. I couldn't believe it. I was floored. And I keep the EXACT same plan I had before (4G & 3G are the same price right now... and I'm grandfathered if/when the tiers come into play). Helloooo unlimited 4G data for only $80 a month total!

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
  2. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

cool

Your discount has me beat. I went with a 1 year for $229 and can upgrade again in November of this year.
  3. Its TwiX

Its TwiX New Member

I have the same discount I think. Just has to pay the extra $20 for the annual upgrade.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  4. Pumaro

Pumaro New Member

Congratulations! I love it when the deal keeps getting better.

sent via ThunderBolt
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

My wife has an upgrade. I tried to steal it from her but she wouldn't let me do it. I told her I was giving her an upgrade by giving her me D2 but she said that was a hand me down!:icon_evil:

Soooo, I'm not letting her get the TB. I want to wait to see what else comes out. But just the thought of her walking around with a better phone then me is not fair. She had the best phone all the time when she had a blackberry and I had a dumb phone. Looks like my 2 year reign as phone king is ending. :(
  6. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

:( My wife is the primary (she had Verizon before we met and I was using prepaid T-Mobile then) and she isn't eligible for an early upgrade for 2 more months... The contract on my Droid didn't end until next May... so I just added a new line... FTW. That said... I saved a boatload on car insurance with Geico :D lol
  7. Beardface

Beardface Member

Ahh man, thats rough...

But as I said, I had no intentions of replacing my Droid when I woke up yesterday. Yes, the phone was ridiculously laggy, and even though I overclocked it to 1.1Ghz, it still was having issues keeping up. But both internal and external memory was very close to maxxed out, and if I wanted to play music, I would have to battery pull later that day.

However, once I got that message, it was a no-brainer, especially when I realized I would be grandfathered into 2 years of unlimited 4G for $30/m (less when you include the discount). With all the fears of the tiered data coming, I had to pull the trigger. And this thing has so much friggin memory (a useable 30GB on the external memory card, 3GB of usable internal memory (compared to ~260MB on the Droid!!!!!)) that I cannot see myself needing another phone in the next 2 years. Especially with it having already been rooted by the wonderful people on here, and already overclocked to 2.0Ghz.

Moto tried their best, but the T-Bolt is the true OG Droid replacement. The thing kicks the llama's arse!
  8. 305rev305

305rev305 New Member

I did a 1yr contract as well but it says on Verizon website i can upgrade on 1/17/12. How come u can in Nov?
Search tags for this page

verizon combine discounts

www.tmobile/cooperatediscount