So Confused

ThatGuy2k5431

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal, I rooted using easyroot (i know bad idea) with 2.1, upgraded to Peter Alfonso FRG01B rooted build. Got the OTA update for FRG22D build and my wife initiated the upgrade. I uninstalled easy root when I lost all root access with FRG22D, re-loaded FRG22D stock and can't downgrade to anything now to root again. I have searched the forums and tried several different suggested methods to include SPRecovery and an update.zip file. When using SPRecovery with several different .sbf files, it says the initialization information is missing from the file. When trying to use an update.zip directly from the phone it says signature verification failed. Please help! I miss my WIFI tether and overclocking abilities.

OP
T

ThatGuy2k5431

Reaction score
tried anf failed

I tried that link and got the same errors as stated above. I'm using SPRecovery version 4.5.3 on windows xp 32 bit. Any other suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry. To the best of my knowledge there is no other way to root out of FRG22D.

Wish I had an answer for you.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried that link and got the same errors as stated above. I'm using SPRecovery version 4.5.3 on windows xp 32 bit. Any other suggestions?

Do you mean SPRecovery 0.99.3b?

You don't use SPRecovery with .sbf's. You use RSDLite!

Last edited:

fetchman

Reaction score
The link provided in post #2 does provide you with all of the answers you are looking for. Read the entire OP especially the "Frequently encountered problems" and "Frequently asked questions". Among the many answers is one that sayes you should be using RSDlite ver 4.6. I see you are using an earlier version.

jrmdroid

Reaction score
MotoCashe1 Root Droid 1 regardless of OS is easy to read and root. All files needed to root are in this post. Like others have stated above this is the best way to root FRG22D. They know their stuff and I have learned alot from posts the have helped others on issues like this.

Use this method, its easy and works.

PARick

Reaction score
MotoCashe1 Root Droid 1 regardless of OS is easy to read and root. All files needed to root are in this post. Like others have stated above this is the best way to root FRG22D. They know their stuff and I have learned alot from posts the have helped others on issues like this.

Make sure you install a ROM, I think the instruction omit that (I found out the hard way:))

jrmdroid

Reaction score

Make sure you install a ROM, I think the instruction omit that (I found out the hard way:))

Yes you are correct. I naturally assumed FRG22D was on the phone currently. So yes if you have a rom in mind you can use that instead of MotoCashe1's update.zip file. Just save the rom on the root of the sdcard as update.zip.

Thanks for bringing this up. Guess I should have stated this too.

PARick

Reaction score

Yes you are correct. I naturally assumed FRG22D was on the phone currently. So yes if you have a rom in mind you can use that instead of MotoCashe1's update.zip file. Just save the rom on the root of the sdcard as update.zip.

Thanks for bringing this up. Guess I should have stated this too.

They are still great instructions! :)