So Confused!

rygaul44

Reaction score
I am on the OTA .181 and I'm rooted, I also have safestrap installed, I just don't know what Roms I can and can't install if any? how do I tell if they are compatible with my current firmware?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I am on the OTA .181 and I'm rooted, I also have safestrap installed, I just don't know what Roms I can and can't install if any? how do I tell if they are compatible with my current firmware?
Easiest thing to do is just pop into each ROMs thread you are thinking of using and simply ask if it is compatible with your current firmware...thats what I did, and I am currently running Eclipse GB ROM and digging it...will wait on an official ICS release before I go to am ICS based ROM....

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

I would also warn you, safestrap has been blamed for many bricked phones, and is known to be incompatible with some ROMs. Bootstrap is the safest bet. Sure, it doesn't give you dual boot capability, or a protected good system but from what I've seen the failures during attempted recovery can be very difficult to resolve.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.