So Can Froyo Be rooted yet??

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DroidKlown, Aug 20, 2010.

1. DroidKlown

DroidKlown New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have done a search and looked around in forums but couldnt find anything.Well needless to say i Bought the Girlfriend the Droid x for her birthday and she had the moto droid well i was going to root it and she ended up updating it this morning with Froyo,which stops me from using the 2.1 way.Basically what im asking is there a way to root froyo yet?? and if so could someone point to the link plz. thank you in advance

2. VampyricDroid

VampyricDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes it can with an easy one click root app called universal androot make sure you get the latest version and if you want to install custom roms download rom manager to flash a custom recovery. it should only take ten seconds to a minute to root with androot and then you can do the whole custom rom thing if you want. you just google the androot app and you will surely find it. and rom manager is on the market for free. just a quick warning this only will work on the original droid the app to root the droid x is also found via google though i cant remember the name of it.

#2 VampyricDroid, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  3. DroidKlown

DroidKlown New Member

Ratings:
    +0

thank you for the info,i have a rooted eris that i did through adb,so if its with just a push of a button,i am definitely game on that....lmao

4. VampyricDroid

VampyricDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah and the best part is you can do it all from your trusty droid and without worrying about bricking it

5. DroidKlown

DroidKlown New Member

Ratings:
    +0

NICE.....Thats what i love to hear dancedroid

6. VampyricDroid

VampyricDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well if you have any problems let me know but the only problem ive had is clockwork recovery broke once and to fix that i just had to flash sprecovery then flash back to clockwork and i havent had any problems since except for certain custom roms not being as stable as they were betas or experimental but thats it. im using sapphire 1.0.0 w/black bar theme and its great lovin it so far i know im not going back to stock anytime soon.

7. DroidKlown

DroidKlown New Member

Ratings:
    +0

do i have to use clockwork or can i use Armons recovery?? i beleive thats the name of it,

8. VampyricDroid

VampyricDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont know but i do know that with clockwork you dont have to rename roms to update.zip you can just keep them the way they are and i think that it quicker and safer to use clockwork and amon ra recovery is really bugy on the moto droid so your two best options are sprecovery and clockwork.

9. DroidKlown

DroidKlown New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    kk thank you.....UPDATE:Moto Droid is rooted.just deciding on what rom to run now.I have a eris that is roots also and it has the Eris RA recovery system.but until i learn more on the Moto i will just stick with Clockwork for now.but thank you again.

10. VampyricDroid

VampyricDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    any time. oh and might i suggest sapphire because it comes with the ability to overclock to 1ghz which is where im at right now and i have had no problems with it at all no over heating nothing and when you do install wipe data/factory reset in clockwork first or as you probably have read there will be some problems oh also if you get the triangle with the exclamation point just do a battery pull or hit the volume up and camera button at the same time and hit reboot and flash sprecovery then reflash clockwork and you should be good to go. you probably already knew some of this stuff though.

11. beneharris

beneharris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    holy crap that androot program worked great. so far i've tried using root explorer, and everything seems to be there. it looks like it really did get rooted. this should be stickied, its wayy easier than flashing a .sbf back to 2.1 and then rooting.

am i the only one that didnt know about this app?

here is the link. Software2Tech.com Download Universal Androot

edit: and if anyone is curious, this does work. i've got clockwork downloaded, clockwork recovery flashed, and i am now doing a full nandroid backup, then going to move on to installing a rom.

#11 beneharris, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  12. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    You can also use MotoCache1's SPRecovery sbf file, and his Super User update, and you are in as well. Did it yesterday to someones phone, and had it flashed and rooted in less time than it took do download the 2 files.

Search tags for this page

can froyo be rooted