So before I attempt this...

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, phone is rooted now, but I cannot figure out how to boot the phone into recovery. It says to hold the power button and volume down button for 5 seconds when powering on, but that doesn't seem to work.

I want to go in, make a backup of the phone and then try a ROM, but cannot seem to get into recovery mode.

energy95

Reaction score
Install ROM Manager from the market. That will allow you to make backups and reboot into recovery.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Install ROM Manager from the market. That will allow you to make backups and reboot into recovery.

Did that and it works, but what do I need to do to get it into Recovery in the event that the OS doesn't load? If it doesn't load, then I cannot launch ROM Manager it order to get into it.

bigmook

Reaction score
Did you get a bootstrapper first?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you get a bootstrapper first?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

No, I mean there is obviously a recovery tool installed, I just don't know how to access it without using ROM Manager.

energy95

Reaction score
When the phone is off hold down 'down volume' while turning it on. It should take you to your recovery or hboot.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
When the phone is off hold down 'down volume' while turning it on. It should take you to your recovery or hboot.

That's what I thought, but it doesn't. It just sits there with a black screen no matter how long I hold the keys, and when I release them it just boots into the OS, quickly.

energy95

Reaction score
Check in ROM manager and make sure you have a recovery installed. You might need to press the power button again to make sure it does turn on. It sounds like your not powering on the device.