so....are we going to get an FM Radio app?

xjeff99

Reaction score
That FM radio app was taken off of media fire. anyone have the apk for it?

kluk

Reaction score
Still looking

I am also trying to get it but it was taken down. Any other way to get the app?

militant

Reaction score
Whats the difference between this app and say something like Tune-In Radio?

OP
J

JesterMX6

Reaction score
tune-in radio pulls via web stream. the FM radio app actually is an FM radio app that uses the built in FM tuner on the phone.

kluk

Reaction score
FM Radio

That is what I need. My Droid X used to have an FM tuner that actually received the FM radio frequencies. But when I went to gingerbread, it quit working.

I used this application frequently at the gym because in order to hear one of the TV they have, you have to tune into their FM low level broadcast. Now when I run on the treadmill, I can't hear the Histroy channel like I used too. I guess I could break down and buy a FM radio but I certainly liked it when it was on my Droid.

Does anyone have an apk that works on a rooted Droid X running Gingerbread? So far I have loaded three FM radio APKs and none of them work.

OP
J

JesterMX6

Reaction score
um...the droid X on stock gingerbread still has one. unless you loaded cm7 or messed with the stock rom then you should still have it.

kluk

Reaction score
I don't know if I ran CM7 or not. I found the app in my download folder. Is there some way to determine if I ran it. If I did, is there someway to get rid of it?

dsimmelink

Reaction score
This was addressed last week on Droid Life. See here: Download: Fully Working FM Radio App for the DROID3 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog. Haven't tried it yet as I am still waiting for my D3. Will arrive here tomorrow though!!

That is the one that has been taken down.

Oh shoot sorry guess I should have checked the link. Well I guess it's a good thing I downloaded the apk on my D1 last week while sitting at the bus stop. ;)

nexusnrg

Reaction score
Will someone please upload the apk to a website or ftp server so the rest of us can get it? I'd very much like to listen to my local stations on this thing. None of them are streaming.