So anyone wanna theorize about the ota update...

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
No can do until we get something we can properly sign with. As I understand(and I dont fully, I admit), we need a leaked test keys release to do it.

boostdscoob

Reaction score
no, it just has to be signed, if you can match the file size, sometimes it works.
ota's are signed. depending on the level of security, it could have to match the checksum, but most likely size is all that matters

boostdscoob

Reaction score
the point with the OTA being usable to us, is that it rewrote recovery(if that truely is the case) recovery is supposedly locked, so this can possibly help with writing a recovery.
and potentially show us the security they are using to prevent writing to partitions

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I know...I mentioned this ;)

The thing is, unless you can sign it with something that will work, its simply not going to make a difference.

The update was allowed to change the recovery image because it was signed and the current recovery imaged accepted that digital signature.

IMO, Its much more likely we will get a test-keys leak and be able to flash to that, which will give us what we need in terms of being able to root.

Last edited:

PSU

Reaction score
adrynalyne?? you have the incredible now? I thought you were on the moto droid. Man if there was ever hope that we'd get a rooted incredible, I'm sure you'll find a way. I can't get over how many i910 users have made the switch to android. I guess for now we are in a waiting pattern till we get a leak...

also do you have any fear that the sense overlay will delay the incredible from getting 2.2 in a reasonable amount of time? most HTC android phones are still at 1.6 I'd hate do be stuck to 2.1 because of the sense integration.

Last edited:
OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Heya,

I have an Inc., but I do the whole rom/modding thing on the Moto Droid. I just needed a phone to be my daily driver while I work on stuff. I had the same problem with my Omnia, where I was flashing so much I couldnt use the phone as a phone lol.