So anyone wanna theorize about the ota update...

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
...and why there was a recovery image flash in it?

Perhaps to close a hole we could have used to root?

:(

JayCizzo

Reaction score
If that's the case I must say I, personally, am not that upset. This phone is blazing fast, Sense UI is fantastic, and I'm very happy with the phone as is. If root was possible I'd eventually be tempted and then all the headaches of OC-ing, monitoring my temps, theme issues would follow. :)

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Oh, I dont necessarily want root because of performance issues, I just want control over the software on my phone :)

roberj13

Reaction score
Yeah I was pissed, I applied the update then saw the link at xda to the update file and opened it up and thought it was odd to see the recovery.img as well. I don't understand what this could have to do with the exchange fix.

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I've a feeling the Exchange fix was minor compared to whatever they wanted to push in that recovery update.

roberj13

Reaction score
i remember thinking that it was interesting that paul @modaco rooted the desire after the incredibles shipped, and thinking it would be funny if the method would have worked for the incredible. I thought if he would have come out with it before they started shipping that they would patch it if they could. Maybe it was too close for them... Then again he hasn't been able to write to recovery anyhow. I dunno,ill be frustrated if I patched a hole that is discovered later,i might have to steal back my droid from my wife.....haha

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah...luckily my wife hates the Droid, so I can switch at a whim.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G

LOL, My GF Hated when my DROID would say "DROOOIIIDDDD"
SO when I got the Incredible, I made sure she would hate that one too, (Keeps her hands off it)
I added that sound file to my Incredible, why, to piss her off, NO, Because I like it !! Now we have a Moto Droid, (My old one I gave her son), and my Incredible, saying Drooooiiiiiidddd all around the house :icon_ banana:

Ain't I a stinker :icon_ devil:

jasonb

Reaction score
where did you get the sound file and how did you get it to work on the Inc? i guess the real question is what did you name the folder you put the sound file in?

nvm, i just copied them all from my rooted droid.

Last edited:
OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

LOL, My GF Hated when my DROID would say "DROOOIIIDDDD"
SO when I got the Incredible, I made sure she would hate that one too, (Keeps her hands off it)
I added that sound file to my Incredible, why, to piss her off, NO, Because I like it !! Now we have a Moto Droid, (My old one I gave her son), and my Incredible, saying Drooooiiiiiidddd all around the house :icon_ banana:

Ain't I a stinker :icon_ devil:

Haha, clever :D

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
where did you get the sound file and how did you get it to work on the Inc? i guess the real question is what did you name the folder you put the sound file in?

nvm, i just copied them all from my rooted droid.

From a Previous Post, the one I used on my INCREDIBLE
-------------------------------------------------
you can also create a set of folders on your SD card:

media/audio/ringtones
put the ringtone or any MP3 in the ringtone folder,
they will show up on your ringtones list!

you can do another folder for notifications too...

That discussion can be followed from this link Any Way to get-d-r-o-i-d ringtone on the Incredible

meh8036

Reaction score
Still no answer to what the ota did to our phones? It's been over a week and I'm still loving this phone. Just can't wait to put some tons on it to see what it can do :)

R1Lover

Reaction score
I don't need any more performance.... I just need to be able to theme it.... get to work someone.... we need root

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just want tom hack it up into little pieces :D