So...any data issues?

haproot

Reaction score
Mine has been perfect but I only have 3g here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

alucard9114

Reaction score
Without wifi my phone is unusable. Yesterday was a complete loss and today is starting out no better.

I am very dissappointed after waiting so long. I wish i knew what to do.

Worst reception of any phone ive ever owned. I refuse to be blinded by excitement.

go to a verizon store and tell them you want a new sim and if that does not work swap phones.

hxdrummerxc

Reaction score
Ok, after further review........

I get no data almost anywhere in my house unless i hold the phone litterally up to a window for a second. Then i get one bar that doesnt want to stay.
I would always get data in my house with my OG, unless i was in one of the few deadspots which i try and stay away from.

This is very dissapointing, i have to use wifi in order to get any data around the house, i really wanted to try 4G.

Well im leavkng the house, this will he the first time i take this phone with me..... lets hope the signal geta better while gone..... otherwise im gonna demand a new sim card.

jimmya

Reaction score
Mine has lower cell signal than the Motos.....but still working great so far. Some of you may need to try a Razor or Bionic....because both of the those have very strong cell signals. BTW...im in the Texas Panhandle near Amarillo.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would say either faulty sim or faulty phone, I've had 4G since I updated 4.0.2 yesterday and I haven't dropped data a single time. I've got 2 bars 4g right now in my house in an area that doesn't have great 4g coverage.

I'm about to leave for a bit so I'll test out the signal around town, see if I drop any data.

Last edited:

dustinslee

Reaction score
I had data issues all day yesterday called vzw last nite pulled batt and sin and he done something been good since! He said it would get better as the phone figures out my area

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ShinyTop

Reaction score
I have not dropped any data but my 4G speeds max out at about 7 meg, not as high as I was expecting. I am on fringe of 4g area though.

suliman

Reaction score
i get better coverage with 2 bars than 3, why? Im right in the middle of the lte coverage area, but i guess it might be due to being directly across the river from manhattan.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Ok I wasn't sure if it would help or not but I just did a Factory Data Reset and it actually improved things so far. My signal which was bouncing all over is now holding steady and the signal is better. Inside my house my 4g is normally low. Before I couldn't hold data for long at all on 3 or 4g. Now I am holding firm so far.

I am hoping this will do the trick since I love the phone and of course want nothing more than everything to work out.

It was strange because yesterday when I bought the phone it seemed fine till I got out to my van and I got the update. After that everything went to crap as far as my signal.

I didn't want to do it either but it worked so far. Any of you having terrible data like I did do a factory data reset and start over. I will check back in later today after my normal routine....

P.S. The factory data reset is the only thing that really worked. Pulling the battery and sim card only worked for a minute or less then back to dropping signal.

FACTORY DATA RESET

305rev305

Reaction score
What I've noticed is that while the battery on the top right stays blue, the 3g or 4g signal sometimes goes white or clearlike if the signal drops but I can still use the phone... then after a few seconds it goes back to blue. Maybe it goes white or clear when phone is not in use while on idle? Can someone confirm this? Have you seen this happen?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk