So amazing

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Hey guys I always heard things but never thought about getting it till today it is honestly the greatest Tom I have ever used

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

T

treym

I never use "Tom's."

I prefer "roms" to be honest but hey, different strokes... ;)

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
lol my study hall just ended as i was typing this and rushed the ending but literally this is so sweet only thing i had i thought a task killer before i wiped with it but i kept getting force close errors so i wiped but now i can't find the task killer you know where it is

T

treym

Don't worry about it. MIUI has its own task killer. Long press the home button to see it. There's a button for it.

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
thanks last question how can i remove the google talk i just don't want that stuff on my pages every time i try i get get remove system app

T

treym

I'm not a script guru, but there is a way to do it from terminal. What I do is place all my apps in folders. I use folders as categories. Then I create another folder for "hidden" apps that I don't wanna see and I put that folder on an empty screen on the far left or right.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Titanium backup can remove it.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you can do it through root explorer as well. I do that with all the bloat apps that I never use. like "geniewidget" which runs all the time if you dont remove it.

there are other apps that I never intend to use that are system apps and I just delete them in root explorer.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes that is much cleaner way to do.

sent from a rogue droid

iamasongnow

Reaction score
easiest way...

-get root explorer from the market
-navigate to /system/app
-click Mount r/w box
-delete whatever system apps that you want (make sure they aren't ones you need, like phone or vending or settings)
-reboot

here is a page from cyanogenmod that lists .apks you can do without, their functions, and other methods to remove them. Barebones - CyanogenMod Wiki

i personally delete the bluetooth, calculator, file explorer, gmail (move to /data/app), Googlebackuptransport, googlepartnersetup, latinimetutorial, livewallpapers, magicsmokewallpapers, protips, quicksearchboox (download googlesearch from the market and move from data to system), setupwizard, sholesquickoffice, talk, visualization wallpapers, voicedialer, vpnservices, wired and wireless tethers (move to /data/app).

i've tried deleting the stock launcher to miui (i use lp+) but it always gives me problems. wish there was a way... but i guess removing half of those apps i just listed is totally unecessary anyway.

sorry if this was too much or bloated or anything. i'm bored at work. nothing happens in a hospital on the weekends.

Last edited: