So 905 is here - Is it stable???

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by rduckwor, Jun 14, 2012.

1. rduckwor

rduckwor New Member

I am leaving for three days on a business trip.

Do I dare install 905 or leave well enough alone? Is it stable/functional/a a battery killer?

Thanks,

RMD
  2. jayman350

jayman350 New Member

I would suggest leaving well enough alone, at least until you return from your trip. My battery life has taken a hit, and was experiencing some data issues for a few days there. You really won't benefit from it unless you have been having data issues leading up to this release.
  3. rduckwor

rduckwor New Member

Roger. My thoughts as well.

Thanks,

RMD
  4. Tonik

Tonik Member

+1 on hold off, even though it has been fine for me.
  5. devils3023

devils3023 New Member

.905 has been rock solid for me. Zero data drops, seamless handoffs from wifi- 3g and vice versa. Also 3g comes right back upon leaving a known dead zone. I do not have 4g in my area yet so cannot speak to the 4g-3g handoff. Battery has also improved slightly and phone seems a bit snappier, especially scrolling through camera roll.
  6. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

Been on it for about 14 hours and it's solid so far
  7. welsalex

welsalex New Member

About 14 hours straight on battery, just reached 15% battery. Normal use mainly websites and email all day (my day off) minor youtube etc texting, on and off wifi going in and out of residence smoking. Seems slightly better if not just the same. Wifi to data and back hand offs seem a little quicker. Its not crazy awesome but it isn't any sort of backslide. .905 is good in my book.

Edit: forgot to say that this charge includes the fact I applied 905 update this cycle. Didn't recharge after.
  8. hts4215

hts4215 New Member

Maybe it's just me, but mine seems a bit slower than before. More lags where there did not used to be.
  9. PAJ

PAJ New Member

Has been a big step back for me. I loose data many times a day where I didn't on 902. I know I'm not the only one with this issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  10. ruck0loc0

ruck0loc0 New Member

Losing data like crazy. Not stable at all in LA, CA
  11. kdivine981

kdivine981 New Member

Yeah; same area same issue. Things were much better on .902. I don't get more than two bars now when I used to be getting three or four. Also, multiple and lengthly drops. Battery pulls, sim card pulls, erased dalvik, connected aluminum foil to a metal coat hanger and stuck it in my headphone jack... everything...no good.

Id like to believe that it is the strain and reshifting of the lte network and everything that comes along with an update.

Still though, love this phone! Not looking to ditch it any time soon. ICS will be here soon enough.....
  12. mike02vr6

mike02vr6 New Member

Getting .905 right now, my.902 sucked big time I will let everyone know how it is after a few hours. But I did have decent 4g until .902 then it tank, battery life was terrible,had really bad redraw on a lot of pages. Heres to hoping.

Mike
  13. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 New Member

Want to chip in and say that. 902 was way better for me also. Even my Wifi connection is dropping more than usual.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App
  14. azdrifter

azdrifter Member

I was just updated to .905 yesterday and still have not noticed a bit of difference I have had no problems with this phone since .893,.901,.902,and now .905 seems to be working fine also I'm in Phoenix so I don't know if that is the reason I have had no problems with this phone or If I just get lucky with all my phones because I never have issues with any of the droid phones I have had other then when I brick them,but that just comes with the game....
  15. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Same as azdrivter. I haven't noticed any change of data from any update, from 5.5.893 to 9.9.905. I haven't had a data loss and can stream Netflix to my parent's TV without a problem.
  16. Deebo

Deebo New Member

.902 was complete crap for me. My data connection dropped constantly. It's been pretty solid with .905 though so I'm happy with it.
  17. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

So far its been stable for me and my wife. I'm in Ohio Columbus area..hasn't dropped data yet.
  18. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

I'm going to go back to .901 since .905 is as unstable as .902 was here in Honolulu... 4g drops several times daily, just like .902 did here. Sad part is that I see no added anything in .905.
    Has anyone tested the FXZ back to .893 from .905? Just asking to save me some time from having to look the builds over.
  19. Mfinchv1

Mfinchv1 New Member

i took facebook app off my phone...replaced it with friendcaster. Id noticed clicking on the facebook app while on 4g would alot of times result in no connection. Id been using the .905 cheescake release for the last three weeks. Even with. 905 i was getting even worse data loss. But not now....so go figure. Anybody else notice the facebook signal loss?
  20. Mfinchv1

Mfinchv1 New Member

and doesnt it say that facebook has full access? Im serious....like almost all the times Id click on facebook..it would kill by 4g signal. My gal has the charge...samsung. We got it a month ago. It does the same thing when clicking on facebook. Auto data loss. Shes on facebook so much....her charge is dataless for a lot of times. Pisses her off...lol.