So 2.2 bricked my phone but verizon doesnt have any droids

Status
Not open for further replies.

vzwdroidtech

Reaction score
its simple, the ota update downloaded and when my phone went to reboot it didn't get past the motorola logo. factory wiped still nothing, The store in boca raton refuses to give me a loaner phone and to be honest I don't care what phone I get as long as I have some form of a phone till I can get a new one. I don't want an upgrade, I just want my regular moto droid

If you go to a corporate store the CAN recover the stuck at Moto logo problem. I have done a few this week, and it works, takes about 30 minutes. Just make sure you are at a CORPORATE store, as they have the technicians.

fastpat

Reaction score
As others have stated yeah it could have been fixed. You just don't know how to do it. I jacked mine up bad once (my fault yes) wouldn't boot just kept resetting. I searched, found the stock 2.1 used some rsd love and back to work it went. As long as you can get into bootloader it can be flashed. Then re rooted and back on 2.2 bb goodness I am . I speak from personal experience.
Well, um, no.

The phone went bricked from the Verizon download. I took it into the Verizon Corporate store after several full reboots, wouldn't work.

The tech at the corporate store couldn't reboot it either and ruled it bricked.

Verizon sent me a refurb by next day air.

Problem solved.

In point of fact, I wasn't even aware that the Droid 2 and Droid X existed prior to my visit to the Verizon Store and I browsed around while waiting to see the tech, because I'm just not that interested in keeping up with the latest. Additionally, I have better things to do than driving 30 miles to get my phone straightened out and learning that it's not going to work and I have to get another one which I then have to set up all over again the way I like it.

Last, I've been using and programming computers since 1980, and been the IT guy at two places of employment. I'm knowledgeable enough to know that if an external source caused a problem, letting that same external source take care of the problem is the best path to follow. Correcting the problem on my time AND my dime isn't.

EbE404

Reaction score
Well, um, no.

The phone went bricked from the Verizon download. I took it into the Verizon Corporate store after several full reboots, wouldn't work.

The tech at the corporate store couldn't reboot it either and ruled it bricked.

Verizon sent me a refurb by next day air.

Problem solved.

In point of fact, I wasn't even aware that the Droid 2 and Droid X existed prior to my visit to the Verizon Store and I browsed around while waiting to see the tech, because I'm just not that interested in keeping up with the latest. Additionally, I have better things to do than driving 30 miles to get my phone straightened out and learning that it's not going to work and I have to get another one which I then have to set up all over again the way I like it.

Last, I've been using and programming computers since 1980, and been the IT guy at two places of employment. I'm knowledgeable enough to know that if an external source caused a problem, letting that same external source take care of the problem is the best path to follow. Correcting the problem on my time AND my dime isn't.

Ah, I guess I was just missing something. Its my fault. See I didn't realize
it didn't work.

actually means "I didn't try it myself and I can't confirm what the Verizon guy was actually doing as I was browsing the store" in 30-year-computer-tech jargon.

A truly bricked phone will literally do nothing-not power up, not light up, nothing. If you are getting to the M logo, then it can be fixed and recovered. It's just a question of how much time and effort you want to put into it, and from the sound of what's going on trying to get a replacement, some quality time with RSDLite is probably worthwhile here.
What a silly thing to say. You have absolutely no supporting facts for that statement.

I have dozens of examples in support of my statement.

I think I and others here have supported that very statement I made. And your "dozens of examples" are.........?

If you think that it's not worth your time to fix it yourself and believe Verizon should step up, fine, I agree, more power to you.

Putting out snarky FUD that makes people question the legitimate help I and the others are trying to offer to the other folks with this issue, well that's less fine.

fastpat

Reaction score
Ah, I guess I was just missing something. Its my fault. See I didn't realize
I'm sure you didn't.

actually means "I didn't try it myself and I can't confirm what the Verizon guy was actually doing as I was browsing the store" in 30-year-computer-tech jargon.
Gibberish isn't going to make your case. You clearly have lost this argument. Give it up.

I think I and others here have supported that very statement I made. And your "dozens of examples" are.........?
In this group of fora.

If you think that it's not worth your time to fix it yourself and believe Verizon should step up, fine, I agree, more power to you.
That's the spirit, bail yourself out.

Putting out snarky FUD that makes people question the legitimate help I and the others are trying to offer to the other folks with this issue, well that's less fine.
Help?

No, you've accused others, and me, of corrupting our phones in order to get a new one, of incapacity of correcting a problem caused by Verizon itself when that's the last thing that should be attempted.

You helped no one and may have harmed many.

I think this portion of this thread is done.

EbE404

Reaction score
No, you've accused others, and me, of corrupting our phones in order to get a new one, of incapacity of correcting a problem caused by Verizon itself when that's the last thing that should be attempted.

You helped no one and may have harmed many.

I've accused no one of anything. I asked why you stated that the RSD method would not fix a phone and stated that the phone was only bricked if it would not power up at all. I asked you to clarify, and you came back at me with an attitude. Check post #15.

See, I genuinely was hoping that you could give me some information. I'm happy to be proven wrong (keyword there-proven) because that is a learning exercise.

But, you're right, we can agree that this is going nowhere productive, so I'll bow out.

editor58

Reaction score
Have you seen "Froyo for Schmucks"

Yeah so pretty much verizon told me today that the motorola droid is backordered for 3-4 weeks which will be how l,ong until I have a cell phone again. They checked the whole state of florida for a droid and not a single one. Got to love customer service for helping me out (not) So anyone have any ideas on how to get a phone? incase someone says activate an old phone thats not possible because ive donated all my old phones and wont buy a new one because I am a broke college student. Verizon in boca raton, guaranteed my phone would be overnighted and I would have that phone today but I guess they lied because there isnt any phones.

This movie tells the story of a schmuck who can't wait 3 weeks for an update and kills his phone. Now he can't make a call,,, whaaaaaa! To all you Dr. Frankenstein's, as an accomplished Beta and Alpha tester, have TWO phones. One you test with, and one you use. Stop trying to jailbreak your stuff. If you don't like what Verizon does or how any carrier locks you out of features, change carriers. Oh, they all do that? There's a reason! If you really want to test electronics, call their beta department. Enjoy your downtime.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, 4 pages into this thread and I can see this has turned into a rather clever battle of wits, with the exception of the newbie post. Nice way to introduce yourself to the forum.

Let's close it down, there have been several threads like this already as mentioned. And be respectful to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.