SNESoid

caldin

Reaction score
hey guys, i downloaded SNESoid cause i miss playing those old games, but i can't get ROMS directly onto my phone from the search for ROMS option, and i also can't get the buttons up on the screen. i thought you could get the directional and all the other buttons on the screen as well? thanks in advance for your help!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
i downloaded NES, SNES, GENSOID, the other day...and i got NES ROMs up and loaded with no problems...unfortunately i cannot load ROMs to SNES or GENSOID whatsoever...ALL the ROMs i downloaded will not load at all zipped...so i tried unzipping the files from Astro and it said some error message...so then i mounted the sd card to the computer and whenever i would try to unzip from there it said they were empty? and invalid? so then i tried to download the same ROMs from my computer instead of my phone and they were all still empty zip files...and still wouldnt load to the emulators zipped...

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i downloaded SNESoid cause i miss playing those old games, but i can't get ROMS directly onto my phone from the search for ROMS option, and i also can't get the buttons up on the screen. i thought you could get the directional and all the other buttons on the screen as well? thanks in advance for your help!

and no man i dont think you can get the buttons up on the screen...you have to find the buttons that work down on the physical keyboard...or at least thats the way it worked on NES...

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
search this forum, it has been discussed with detailed instructions. you mount your sd card, create a folder called ROMS, and drag and drop files in there, zipped or unzipped, doesn't matter.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
search this forum, it has been discussed with detailed instructions. you mount your sd card, create a folder called ROMS, and drag and drop files in there, zipped or unzipped, doesn't matter.

I did that...

OP
C

caldin

Reaction score
that sucks about the controls. i could have sworn that the verizon guy who sold me my DROID had an emulator with not only the directionals, but also the other buttons on the screen as well. i'll try another search through the forums again, though.

Anonymouse

Reaction score
Just set the controls to something good? I'm using Gameboid, and I have the screen set to upside down, the D-pad to move, A=s, B=a, START is enter, SHIFT is backspace, Z is L, Caps is R.