1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Sneaky advertisements?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by robbo323, Jul 16, 2010.

1. robbo323

robbo323 New Member

Noticed a couple times now, I get a little "i" inside a circle in my notification bar. When I pull down & select, it is an advertisement for some web magazine I've never heard of. What the heck is this forced advertisement doing in my notification bar & how do I get rid of it? Some kind of spyware/malware/adware? I have Lookout Security running & it has tripped no warnings.
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

what apps have you downloaded lately? try unistalling them until it goes away bc its most likely an application doing it
  3. gocflamedragon

gocflamedragon New Member

I also recommend getting rid of that anti virus app and any app killer your using they are known to cause problems just do a search here and see for yourself. Anti virus on a android device is just a waste of resources.