Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Last edited:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I use it and you couldn't pay me to uninstall it. 80% of what it does could be done manually, app by app but it automates it. I tried doing without for a few days and battery runtime was cut almost in half.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I use it and you couldn't pay me to uninstall it. 80% of what it does could be done manually, app by app but it automates it. I tried doing without for a few days and battery runtime was cut almost in half.

I am installing now.

bassjo

Reaction score
If you read the privacy agreement it states that your Mac address and other information is collected. Will not be shared... No thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you read the privacy agreement it states that your Mac address and other information is collected. Will not be shared... No thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard!

I would have to throw my phone in the trashcan and go back to a dumb phone if all those TOS and share/permission statements were all that important, especially with this app as I understand why. And yes, I do read them but I'm not looking over my shoulder either.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I had it installed when I first got my s4. I did notice a difference in battery life, but don't recall if it was significant or not. Considering I had it uninstalled the past 4mo, I'm guessing it wasn't significant for me, but I'm giving it another shot with Greenify.

Lately I've noticed my battery draining much quicker, so I'm trying it again.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The best settings I have found is that where it lists the apps, all but one has it set to "refresh when used" That is the single best improvement in battery and data use.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I used both this and Greenify on my S4 and don't remember seeing a great increase. I might have to check this out again though just to be sure. I have been using Trigger https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jwsoft.nfcactionlauncher and found it to be saving me a lot of time and helping battery.

I have a NFC chip at work to turn off my sound, kick on WIFI, turn off GPS/BT, turn on Power Saving mode. Then when I get in my car, I have a NFC chip on my windshield phone mount to kick on BT, then another trigger that when I connect to my car BT it turns off WIFI, turns on GPS, off power saving mode, turns on driving mode, and turns my sound back up.

Then another trigger for when I leave my car BT, disable driving mode and GPS/BT.

Same for when I get home, WIFI on, GPS/BT off, Power Saving on, Blocking Mode on. All works great. Power Saving mode really does make a difference.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Been using it the past week along with Greenify donate version to hibernate system apps. I do notice a slight increase in standby time by maybe a 1-3% overnight. Also notice during regular use the battery doesn't drain quite as quickly, but considering I got the donate version of Greenify and BatteryGuru the same day, can't really pinpoint which one is saving me battery.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would be curious to see what just running with Power Saving Mode on would do for you over using both those apps. I am 6 1/2 hours unplugged with 30 minutes of screen on time, and I am down to 85% left.

That is with all my stuff syncing like normal, Twitter streaming over WIFI, and using Google Hangouts for IMs and text messages.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Power saving alone on Note 3 is enough IMO...I don't even use it half the time and drain time is low ...even if I have Google services showing high I still don't see heavy drain...

Best app = Note 3 ...Just like the commercial ...Set it and forget it !!!LOL

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I had to uninstall it from my phone. It was draining my battery so fast. I was getting at most almost 2 days at least a day and couple of hours before the app. I let it learn my use. I gave it a week. My battery will drain in 5 hours so it had to go. Now my battery is back to normal. The last few days I have been getting over a day off one charge.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense. I have 3 people I know that installed it and it did wonders. My gSam says it uses very little of the battery. As I have mentioned, without it my run time is cut nearly in half.