Snapdragon 800 Shows Up in Benchmark; 10% Faster Than Samsung Exynos 5 Octa

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Snapdragon-800.jpg

A new benchmark showed up for on the web that is supposedly of a phone with the unreleased Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset. Here's a quote with the details,

The latest benchmark comes courtesy of the Japanese website RBMen, which has obtained results for Pantech’s currently unannounced IM-A880 smartphone. This could well be a successor to the Pantech Vega No 6, model number IM-A860, which used an older Snapdragon S4 Pro chip.

Anyway, now for the results. The phone scores an impressive 30133 in the Antutu benchmark when clocked at 2.1 GHz, which easily beats the older Snapdragon 600 chip and even outpaces Samsung’s Exynos 5 Octa Galaxy S4, which scored 25900 and 27417 in our own Antutu tests.

As you can see, things are looking very impressive for Qualcomm. Of course, it's probably important to note that the chip is running at 2.1 GHz, which could be the primary reason for the performance improvement, but the caveat to that is that it could negatively impact battery life for devices using the chip. Luckily, the Snapdragon's are known for being power efficient so maybe that's a detail that Qualcomm has worked out. It will be exciting to see the first phone launching with this chipset later this year.

Source: AndroidAuthroity

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I like what I see until I read support for 55MP.

Carry on, perpetual marketing madness...:dry: