Snap on cases causing damage to Moto Droid?

OP
T

Tskjuggalo

Reaction score
I used the Snap-on, generic silicon cover that I bought at my VZW store. The tabs that held it onto the phone bent a bit and it wouldn't completely stay on. It also made the phone SUPER bulky. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but this phone is sharp looking, and putting a case on it really takes away from the design.

I'll just try not to drop it, and if I do drop it, make sure I step on it so I can use my insurance to get a new one.

thats why god made insurance. 8$ a month is well worth that piece of mind. DONT STEP ON IT THOUGH! you can completely clone the phone at the store, missed calls, texts and all if you bring it in after you drop it. all that sh!t can be stored on a memory card or their data transfer machine temporally until your replacement comes in

backlash

Reaction score
I have a cheap $6 ebay case on mine, as well as the Zagg shield, have not noticed any issues.

HEMDROID

Reaction score
I have the (Verizon rep installed) body glove case and I like it just fine, my rep has been the same for over 6 years and I doubt very seriously she would ever refuse to fix/replace my equipment for a factory defect.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
thats why god made insurance. 8$ a month is well worth that piece of mind. DONT STEP ON IT THOUGH! you can completely clone the phone at the store, missed calls, texts and all if you bring it in after you drop it. all that sh!t can be stored on a memory card or their data transfer machine temporally until your replacement comes in

It's $8 a month and something like an $80 or $90 deductible. YIKES!

The only time I ever had insurance with Verizon and tried to use it, I wound up not using it because it was so inconvenient. Basically, the insurance is a waste (imo).

amb4582

Reaction score
I have the Verizon Shell/Holster. I am having a problem with the top part of the shell. Whenever I slide the phone to use the physical QWERTY keyboard, the lower left clip presses edxs on the keyboard, every single time. Also, when I take the phone out of the holster it unlatches that same corner. It is so annoying and I am currently looking for a better option.

ss13

Reaction score
I have the Shell/Holster combo and the clip on the top left (holding phone vertical) actually rubs the keys (sdf) on the keyboard when I slide. I am doing to fix this with a Dremel and in the meantime leave that one clip not clipped all the way around the housing to avoid any damage to my phone.

thaJack

Reaction score
I had my first Droid exchanged because the Body Glove caused problems with the screen slider mechanism. It caused the screen to sit further away from the keyboard even with the Body Glove removed.

karenteresa

Reaction score
I have the same case as megaman, but I bought the clear one.

I originally bought a black one from Best Buy that was made for the Droid but it scratched and made a hole on the side of my phone. The one for Verizon doesn't cause any damage and it takes a good 30 or slides to break in the case because you have to force the phone to slide at first.