Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I can't stand having people see my gorgeous phone through a haze so I clean it every time I clean my glasses with those little wipes that come in a packet. Since my glasses need this every 3rd day or so, they both stay clean.

I use my T-shirt for my glasses too when I wear them. Soft Pajama pants are nice too...

ChefZiggy

Reaction score
I had heard that iPhones had been coated with a certain smudge-resistant coating, which piqued my interest a bit too.

I believe the iPod Touch screen is the same as iPhone. The difference I noticed between the iPod and Droid is the way smudges look when holding the screen at an angle. The Droid seems to block out what's on the screen or are highly visible whent he screen is black, whereas the iPod's are harder to see from an angle and more diffused looking when the screen is black. Must be the type of glass/coating they use like you said.

I could be wrong but I think it the difference between glass and plastic. Would explain the stickier feeling someone mentioned, too.

Blackmoth

Reaction score
Just to add my two cents. I noticed that with a screen protector installed the amount of smudges went down, but it was muuch more difficult to clean than without one on.
Taking off my screen protector not only icreased the responsiveness (by a bit), but it made my phone much easier to clean without screen cleaning fluid.

Naked ftw.

Guchi

Reaction score
i keep mine in my pocket with the screen facing in and it generaly keeps the screen pretty clean since it is against my leg

mvezz

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think it the difference between glass and plastic. Would explain the stickier feeling someone mentioned, too.

The iPhone, iPod, and Droid all have glass screens. I do know, that I have a small nick in my iPod just from normal pocket use. I never had a cover for the screen, and so far my Droid is scratch free. Check out this video I found of a key test on the Droid to see how durable it is:

[video=youtube;eh2g7AIHdc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8[/video]

vtrider159

Reaction score
The "gorilla glass" is part of what made me buy the phone, I don't cover the screen and sometimes use sunglass cleaner on it with a microfiber but that's about it.

I have a collection of Oakley glasses and carry cleaner with me, i use it once in awhile on the screen.

I have also used LCD screen cleaner on the phone and my laptop which works well also.

M

Matth3w

I clean it all the time because I already carry a small lens cleaning rag in my pocket for my prescription Ray Ban sunglasses and my regular eyeglasses.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
I always thought this would be a problem for me, as I was constantly cleaning finger prints from monitors, windows, etc.

After first buying an iPod Touch, and now the Droid, I find myself actually leaving it a bit smudgy as it makes your finger slide smoothly on the screen. I still wipe it off when it gets overly smudgy or when showing friends/family.

The one thing I noticed about the Droid screen as opposed to the iPod is that it is a bit sticky after wiping the screen clean. Not sticky in a glue/gum way, just seems to take a bit more force to slide your finger than it would with a bit of oil from your fingers helping it along.

Hope this helps!

You know, you're right. The oils in your hands should serve as a sort of lubricant. I find myself cleaning the screen all the time (OCD, and I always seem to catch the phone at angles that show fingerprints easily), simply because I don't like the appearance of a dirty screen. So, perhaps this is why I always had a bit of trouble with Swype. I love Swype, but I could never seem to get my thumb to be able to glide across the screen easily. Maybe I'll try letting my screen get a little smudged up, and then see if I have any more success.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
When I first got the phone I did it a few times a day, now I never do- ever. I found that when I walk around with it in my pocket (front left with screen facing towards me for protection) the movement from walking cleans for me. So every time I take it out of my pocket its all clean.