SMTP setting for road runner e-mail

Firedog28352

Reaction score
I don't know if this is anything but I've found that if I'm inside the Road Runner network (i.e. sitting in my house) I need to turn off authentication on the SMTP server. If I'm outside the Road Runner network (i.e. the office) i have to turn it back on. This seems to work for me.

gabea

Reaction score
finally, the fix

I had the same problem with the outgoing server on my Droid 2/RR.com/Verizon.

I tried every combo of:
host: smtp-server.xx.rr.com, smtp.server.xx.rr.com, mobile.roadrunner.com
port: 587 or 25
both security settings checked or unchecked

After hours of trying the combos, talking to the RR help line, I finally gave up on the default droid email app and went to K-9. Worked instantly.

It may be your default app that's not working correctly...

fran53

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting outbound e-mail working for my road runner e-mail account. I am able to receive e-mail, but I can't get the device to accept my SMTP settings. The settings are:

SMTP server: smtp-server.cinci.rr.com
Port: 587

Whether or not I check "Require Sign In" and enter my username/pw, the result is the same.

A google search seems to indicate that this has been an issue for iPhone and Pre users in the past, but none of the proposed fixes for those devices seem to work.

Are there any road runner users that have overcome this issue yet?

After username in "Require sign in" I had to put @socal.rr.com. so try full email address instead of just username. hope it helps. Took me a while to figure mine out.
Jon

Wow, this actually worked for me finally! I have been struggling with this for a couple of months to get the roadrunner account outgoing messages sent. Who would have known just simply putting the user name and password in could make it work. Thank you so very much! It works like a charm now..... :icon_ banana: