Security Type: None
Delete email from server: Never
SMTP Server: smtp-server.cinci.rr.com
Port: 25
Security type: None
Required sign in: Checked
User name: full email [email protected]
Password: xxxx
This has worked for me on the original Droid since last December. I actually figured it out from a Blackberry Forum. My Droid does not ask for the use secure connection or the verify the certificate. Hope this helps.

cincysaab95

Reaction score
Here are my settings:
User name:xxxx
Password:xxxx
Pop 3 Server pop-server.cinci.rr.com
Port: 110
Security Type: None
Delete email from server: Never
SMTP Server: smtp-server.cinci.rr.com
Port: 25
Required sign in: Checked
User name: full email [email protected]
This has worked for me on the original Droid since last December. I actually figured it out from a Blackberry Forum. My Droid does not ask for the use secure connection or the verify the certificate. Hope this helps.
Thanks Duke. Unfortunately, the newer Droid X has different input. Appreciate your input, though.

cincysaab95

Reaction score
Found a work around for Roadrunner SMTP issues on Droid X

After battling this most of the day, I bit the bullet and called Motorola support. After being on hold for nearly an hour, they suggested a work around and to my surprise, it works! Here's what I did:
went to android market
searched for K-9 Mail (K-9 Dog Walkers) - downloaded it
when it loads enter your roadrunner e-mail address completely in incoming
enter everything you would typically enter pop-server.cinci.rr.com
When you get to entering the smtp-server.cinci.rr.com
do not enter security type
port 25
check require sign-in
authentication type CRAM_MDS
your full user [email protected]
your full password and voila. . .hope this helps. Good luck, everyone. dancedroid

thatkuhlguy

Reaction score
Did you try disconnecting from Wi-Fi??

I have looked at this thread before, but now I actually have something that might be of help...

When I am at home on my rr network (.roadrunner.com), I don't seem to have any problems sending or receiving. I come to my business rr network (neo.rr.com) and I couldn't send. Tried all of the solutions on here, so I tried something else just for fun...

I use K-9 Mail (more user friendly IMO). I disconnected from the wireless at work and went through the VZW network. That allowed me to send under the following settings on the Motorola Droid:

Incoming:

username:[email protected]
password:xxxx
POP3 server: pop-server.roadrunner.com
Security type: none
Port: 110

Outgoing:

SMTP server: smtp-server.roadrunner.com
Port: 587
Require sign-in: "Checked"
Authentication type: plain
Username:[email protected]

So in summation, if you are connected to a wireless (Wi-Fi) network and can't send, try disconnecting from the Wi-Fi and use the VZW network.

Hope this might help for those that have got this far without any success! dancedroid

duke6619

Reaction score
I am on Cinci Roadrunner. The setting for the port is 25. Check required sign in. The user name is your full email address and your password. It's been working fine since last December.

onemichael

Reaction score
I am in Tampa tampabay.rr.com smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com and adding authentication and the full email and pw works for me.

dcook12

Reaction score
My server is stmp-server.hvc.rr.com and use port 25 with no required sign in. I'm in the Hudson Valley which is what I think the hvc means??? But it is the same as my thunderbird outgoing server and works fine....

rteed

Reaction score
This worked for me, good luck !

use the following settings:

SMTP Server: smtp.live.com
Port: 587
Security Type: TLS
Require Check-in: add check-mark
Then enter your Hotmail User Name and password and hit "next"

You should be able to send email from your RR account now

maine.rr.com

dcook12

Reaction score
I have the same problem. No outbound mail capability. Anyone have ideas or do we need to wait on a software fix?

I have RR email on my phone and have no problem. (droid 1).
Outgoing setting smtp-server.hvc.rr.com (obviously hvc is me..) I do have gmail set up to automatically sync and use my RR account as the default. And I have all sent set up to show my RR email id. Not sure if that has anything to do with my not having a problem. I set them both up at the same time, so not sure if I would have had a problem....But since both accounts are set up the same, maybe my outgoing mail is really going through the gmail server??? Sorry..sounds like I'm thinking while I'm writing....I know I already posted a reply to this, but started thinking about how my gmail is set up to look like it's the same as my RR email....

Last edited:

Angry Bill

Reaction score
ugg, this issue (SMTP thru RR over wi-fi) is killing me. I'm still struggling with this issue and I've noticed the solution seems to vary for each user/rr location/phone type. Thanks to this forum, I may actually not have to throw my phone against the concrete and stomp it into 1000 pieces.

CHASPITIFER

Reaction score
pop-server.rochester.rr.com port is 110
smtp-server.rochester.rr.com port is 587 or whatever your rr area may be...... mine is rochester

most important.............. you email add must be in lower case
no secure connection
no verify cet. on pop or smtp

i tried for hours to get this to work i was using upper case for my email add. switched it to lower and has been working for days

jcone31

Reaction score
roadrunner problems

I am also having the same problems with outgoing messages. I can't get any to go through and incoming has worked sporatically for me since I bought my Fascinate (droid). I was a bberry user for the last 4 yrs and now am wondering if I made a mistake switching. My emails are my #1 priority for a smartphone.

alukan

Reaction score
Yeah I chatted to my IT group at work about their experience with Android phones and email and it hasn't been good. I sooooo want to move from the iphone and ATT but can't risk loss of email. :icon_evil:

gwu4751

Reaction score
Having issues sending email thru Droid X.

I have Road Runner and cannot send emails even though push is checked. What is the smtp settings for cfl.rr.com? I keep getting an ! warning.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Open Outlook and then Accounts and then Change to see the exact settings.
As far as email itself; Maildroid solved every single problem I had with email and I too, use a RR connection.

smtp.ca.rr.com is mine - being in California.
I'll assume yours is smtp.fl.rr.com