SMS Widget? (Pure Messenger related)

Arkh

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post here, woo hoo! :p

I've been looking around for awhile now to find a working widget for SMS that displays messages as they come in. The closest I have been able to find is Pure Messenger, however it doesn't display their name or display picture for some reason. It shows a blank picture and their phone number, which makes it completely useless. I know there are settings for the widget to allow this to be turned off or on, but no matter what settings I use... it never displays their name & display picture.

So is there anything else similar to Pure Messenger that actually works? Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, how did you fix it?

OP
A

Arkh

Reaction score
Bump!

I tried re-installing Pure Messenger, still no luck with the SMS. The screenshots I have seen show the contacts names instead of their phone number. Does anyone have this working properly where it shows the persons name and their display picture on the SMS Widget? (FYI, I'm using 4x3 if that makes any difference)

imiller913

Reaction score
Did you take a look at Handcent it pops up on the screen when I get a new messages with the persons picture and name

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Did you take a look at Handcent it pops up on the screen when I get a new messages with the persons picture and name

+1 I love Handcent, does everything I want it to do plus more. Very sweet program, and at an extremely attractive price, free.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I use Handcent w/ the pop up setting, but the OP wants a widget similar to Pure Messenger, which Handcent does not have :(