sms voip

AndyMan

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, I tried searching, and everything I saw mentioned google voice (which I believe requires to change your number in a way, right?). What my issue is, is at work I get a spotty 1x 1 bar. Kills the battery and often fail sending texts. To prevent my battery from dying, I have it connected through USB to my pc. With my old windows mobile vx6800, I know you could set the phone to take an IP from the computer.. Is there a way to do that so I can send texts from my phone(my phone number)?

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, I tried searching, and everything I saw mentioned google voice (which I believe requires to change your number in a way, right?). What my issue is, is at work I get a spotty 1x 1 bar. Kills the battery and often fail sending texts. To prevent my battery from dying, I have it connected through USB to my pc. With my old windows mobile vx6800, I know you could set the phone to take an IP from the computer.. Is there a way to do that so I can send texts from my phone(my phone number)?

Thanks

With Google Voice you can send a text through computer, or you can do it with Verizon. https://text.vzw.com/customer_site/jsp/messaging_lo.jsp

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is VOIP in the thread subject line?

Which I believe requires to change your number in a way, right?
Most of the features require that you switch to using the Google Voice number.

What my issue is, is at work I get a spotty 1x 1 bar. Kills the battery and often fail sending texts.
This is one of the big reasons I use GV. Forwarding goes to my cell and my landline at work. I can choose to answer calls on either phone (and even transfer, if needed). I also send and receive SMS via the GV site on my PC at work.

Last edited: