SMS Time Stamps, Odd time issues

Chuck_25

Reaction score
Several issues that I believe are related...

1) Regarding SMS, the chat list is normal, displaying the correct time stamp on the latest message; however, when I open a chat some messages are buried deep within the chat and I have to scroll to find it. Also, some of the newer messages are dated February 24, 2031!!

2) I have a stuck missed call. When I go into phone and tap "Recent" a call I received from my mother 9 days ago is stuck in the top position followed by all my other calls in the order they were received. Also, it is dated as February 15, 2031, 9 days prior to February 24, 2031.

3) Randomly, the time on my phone will be an hour behind and when I am not looking, will go back to the correct time.

4) Gmail will go silent for 24-36 hours at a time and then all of a sudden reconnect.

Any ideas on how to resolve these issues are appreciated! Thanks.

Verizon Droid X running Android 2.3.3, System version 4.5.596MB810.Verizon.en.US

keith72064

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issues with my Droid 2 Global, my wife's Droid 2 Global and as of today, my Blackberry Tour. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon Tech Support and was issues a trouble ticket. Meanwhile, I have been searching on-line about this and found someone (in my town) with the same problem who was given a new phone and after activation the same problem reappeared.

I am waiting to hear back from Verizon's Network Team. Have you heard anything new?

ABQNM

Reaction score
In the mean time, you could turn off network provided time and just use the phone's internal clock.